★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ticket to Ride $6.99 -> $2.99

07-03-2013, 06:43 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 111
Ticket to Ride $6.99 -> $2.99

Great gateway board game.


07-03-2013, 08:08 AM
#2
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,873
Ohh.. Very very tempted.

But I have such bad luck with board games, got Le Havre and 2 months later still dont understand it, got Eclipse and a month later still dont understand it.

Tbh the only board game I really understand enough to play is Phantom Leader.

But.. I am tempted

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15

07-03-2013, 03:26 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
But I have such bad luck with board games
One game of TtR and you'll have it down, 100% guaranteed; you can only do 1 of 3 possible things on your turn. It's not -anything- like Le Havre (haven't played Eclipse so I can't comment).

I also own a physical copy of TtR and people new to the game pick it up within a couple turns.

Maybe someone else can comment as well here but, if you're at all interested, I would highly recommend it.
07-03-2013, 05:18 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by primozz View Post
One game of TtR and you'll have it down, 100% guaranteed; you can only do 1 of 3 possible things on your turn. It's not -anything- like Le Havre (haven't played Eclipse so I can't comment).

I also own a physical copy of TtR and people new to the game pick it up within a couple turns.

Maybe someone else can comment as well here but, if you're at all interested, I would highly recommend it.
Seconded. It's very easy to wrap your head around, but takes some effort to get good at. And at this price you can pick up some of the expansions for the normal price of the full game. Those aren't on sale it seems.
07-03-2013, 07:48 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,124
Finally ipad version is on sale!
07-03-2013, 08:43 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Finally ipad version is on sale!
It was once 2 bucks iirc. I have such a backlog I think I'll wait.
07-03-2013, 09:00 PM
#7
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,873
Bought it and just played my first game.

I won with 103 points, 5 completed routes and 0 uncompleted ones.

I hope I was just lucky and the game isn't easy but apart from that I picked it up really quickly and its great fun!

Highly recommended

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
07-03-2013, 09:32 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
I hope I was just lucky and the game isn't easy but apart from that I picked it up really quickly and its great fun!
The game is easy but has a bit a strategy too in order to maximize your points.

Hopefully you'll find it challenging and enjoy the game once you run into some better competition in online play.
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Bought it and just played my first game.

I won with 103 points, 5 completed routes and 0 uncompleted ones.

I hope I was just lucky and the game isn't easy but apart from that I picked it up really quickly and its great fun!
Do note if you were playing against the AI that the different "characters" represent different difficulty levels (for example, Marg Loughbot is the easiest AI opponent), and the various maps play optimally with certain numbers of players.

The Europe, Switzerland and Asia maps each also have a specific custom AI that is designed to take advantage of that map in ways the normal AI characters won't.
07-06-2013, 08:28 AM
#10
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,873
Been playing this quite a bit since I bought it, its an excellent game indeed.

If the sale is still on, its a no-brainer to buy this one

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15