★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DWD: Wizard Defender (by Mere Mortal Games) $2.99 -> $0.99

07-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
DWD: Wizard Defender (by Mere Mortal Games) $2.99 -> $0.99

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

Sanuku's Gameplay:

I haven't tried this but it's an Unreal 3 powered turret defense type of game that came out a few weeks ago and looks pretty good. Large file size will likely turn some people off, but at a buck I'm definitely going to give it a go.
07-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Looking forward to your thoughts Royce. This does look really good.
For me, it's a space issue so like to hear how good it really is before biting.
07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I remember on the game's thread there is a death animation bug where enemies just disappear when they die close to you, and it made the game look unfinished.

Were those fixed?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-03-2013, 10:34 PM
G'day All !

I'm Jason, Designer / Director at Mere Mortal Games.

I'd like to make a post about the game update in the iPad and iPad Mini forum and I'm wondering how to create a format as shown at the top of this post (and a lot of the game announcements in these forums) ?
(Thanks Royce)
DWD plays best on the iPads. It can be played on iPhones but the controls can be a bit fiddly on the smaller screen. We have made some changes in the update to try and help with that.
Anyways I'll be making a DWD post in the iPad forum soon and give away some promo codes there.

We recently set up a DWD faq to help with any questions including the animation bug which has been a thorn in our side, but we hope it's not that much of a distraction. This from the faq -

Why do some enemies seem to simply vanish : This is a known issue and something we unfortunately could not fix without a full Unreal Engine 3 License. We use UDK and we have had multiple Programmers look into this issue with no success, and a full UE3 license is not something we can afford at this time.

Thanks

Last edited by meremortal; 07-04-2013 at 06:11 AM.
07-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
G'day All !

I'm Jason, Designer / Director at Mere Mortal Games.

I'd like to make a post about the game update in the iPad and iPad Mini forum and I'm wondering how to create a format as shown at the top of this post (and a lot of the game announcements in these forums) ?
DWD plays best on the iPads. It can be played on iPhones but the controls can be a bit fiddly on the smaller screen. We have made some changes in the update to try and help with that.
Anyways I'll be making a DWD post in the iPad forum soon and give away some promo codes there.

We recently set up a DWD faq to help with any questions including the animation bug which has been a thorn in our side, but we hope it's not that much of a distraction. This from the faq -

Why do some enemies seem to simply vanish : This is a known issue and something we unfortunately could not fix without a full Unreal Engine 3 License. We use UDK and we have had multiple Programmers look into this issue with no success, and a full UE3 license is not something we can afford at this time.

Thanks
All right, you can have my dollar to help fund your unreal license.

The controls are a bit touchy, but that's fine. I really would have liked a better introduction as to what it is the different things do, and why I keep shooting different things out. As for the whole disappearing enemies thing...lol. I for some reason find it amusing. Definitely worth a buck at least to try to help keep you going. Will probably check it out at some other point after you update perhaps.

Last edited by Shyft; 07-03-2013 at 11:48 PM.