★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: HyperBowl Classic

07-20-2009, 11:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
HyperBowl Classic

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322930268&mt=8

The graphics are good

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
07-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
+1 the graphics look great

07-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Vwelcome to ze forüms, ccappreviews

The title reminds me of a time in english class when a friend asked what a "hyper bowl" (hyperbole) is, and the two seniors chilling out in the class said, "It's a bowl that moves very, very fast." Just thought I'd share that.

+2, graphics... very nice...
07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
the graphics surely great
07-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Does anybody know if it only has that one backround? Because I play this same type of bowling game at my local arcade, except you "roll" a stationary bowling ball and it reacts to that and effets the screen. And at my local arcade, it has more levels.
07-21-2009, 12:48 AM
It only has one screen. If it has more than that, someone please correct me. But I couldn't any buttons to find anything else.
07-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Hoo boy. The graphics look good, but it's by Technicat, makers of such fine pieces of s....oftware as FuguMaze, FuguTilt, and FuguBowl, which are basically the Unity equivalent of a DS Effects title, only with better graphics and worse "game" play. (Because none of them could really be called games)

There's a reason they've got more than one entry in my Hall of FAIL. I have little faith that this title could escape that fate should I ever review it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
It only has one screen. If it has more than that, someone please correct me. But I couldn't any buttons to find anything else.
Corrected. There's more than one. I think there's 3.

back
07-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Corrected. There's more than one. I think there's 3.
So, does anybody know if they have the forset level? You have to try to avoid trees and the terrien (forgive my spelling) is rugged. I am asking this because I have always loved this level, and would buy it in a heartbeat if it did. Also, to anybody who has it, how is the gameplay? Thanks all.
07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brypan View Post
So, does anybody know if they have the forset level? You have to try to avoid trees and the terrien (forgive my spelling) is rugged. I am asking this because I have always loved this level, and would buy it in a heartbeat if it did. Also, to anybody who has it, how is the gameplay? Thanks all.
It's just the Classic lane. I plan convert the other five lanes one by one, but the Classic lane is the smallest, asset-wise, and it still exceeds the recommended limit (unless you have the iPhone 3G-S which has more powerful graphics hardware), so we'll see. I expect to release a performance upgrade of the Classic lane in a month or so.