★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bubble Twirrl rocks the iphone game world

07-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Bubble Twirrl rocks the iphone game world

Los Angles, CA.,-July 15, 2009-Following the fantastic launch of Diamond Breaker, mAPPn Inc. is now releasing another addictive game for iphone users——Bubble Twirrl.

Rather than shooting bubbles on a static platform, Bubble Twirrl features a bubble board that rotates with every shot you take. The goal is to eliminate bubbles by connecting at least three bubbles in a row!

The goal of Bubble Twirrl is to eliminate all of the bubbles on the board by creating groups of three or more bubbles of the same color. To successfully eliminate the bubbles, strategically choose the placement of your bubbles by shooting the rotating platform accordingly.

iPhone users can find Bubble Twirrl in the Apple apps store today! For more information or inquiries, please visit the company website: http://mappn.com/game.php?id=11

iTunes download address:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321086084&mt=8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	5659   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5660  
07-21-2009, 04:08 AM
You didnt mention the price. Its 2.99$. Well a little steep for me anyways . Also no lite version??

BTW also checked out your other apps. Diamond breaker for 0.99 looks interesting. Dont really have too many platformers for my iPhone.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-21-2009 at 04:14 AM.

07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
"Classic" looks EXACTLY like bubble spinner, which is a free flash game playable on many sites. Bubble spinner is a very addictive and fun game, although I wonder whether increased difficulty aiming on the smaller screen will be a problem. Cant tell exactly what they did with the new version, might be just fancy backgrounds and different colors.

Anyway, if you have never tried bubble spinner, google it, go to one of the many sites its free on, and try it now. If your a bubble spinner addict like my wife, this will probably be a must buy.

(I wonder how they can copy Bubble Spinner apparently this exactly without legal problems. If you want it, might be good to download it quickly.)

Last edited by ArtNJ; 07-21-2009 at 09:50 AM.
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Dont really have too many platformers for my iPhone.
speaking of platformers, is plushed out yet?
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Here is the link to try Bubble Spinner. http://www.deadwhale.com/play.php?game=774

I'll try Bubble Twirrl tonight and post whether its a good/bad Bubble Spinner knock off. So far the reviews on Itunes look good...although no one seems to have realized its a knock-off yet.

Give Bubble Spinner a try...it has 2500 fans on facebook, many whom have lost significant chunks of their lives in Bubble Spinner addiction.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks ArtNJ for the game link.

@ mappn

1. is there an online high score board?

2. is it compatible with iPOD music while keeping the game sound effects?

3. can it properly resume?

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post

1. is there an online high score board?

2. is it compatible with iPOD music while keeping the game sound effects?

3. can it properly resume?
1. No online score, is Local
2. NO
3. Yes
07-22-2009, 05:52 AM
I have a detailed review waiting for approval, but I bought it. Its Bubble Spinner, pure and simple. Try it out at the link I provided above.

There are a few little changes that might annoy the hardcore Bubble Spinner fan. The music is different, and no Ipod music. The balls dont fly as fast. The control system is OK, but not as perfect as the mouse. But, basically, its Bubble Spinner.

07-22-2009, 04:20 PM
I didn't enjoy the PC version, think I'll pass. Thanks for the link though, I saved myself some money.
08-04-2009, 10:05 PM
After playing this a bit more, I can safely say that you pretty much get used to the smaller screen and touch controls. There IS something subtly not quite as fun about the iphone version...the pacing is a bit different. Still, very addictive game even on the iphone.

Anyway, I do suggest giving the flash version a meaningful try if you like match 3. Meaningful try means a few games...it seems overwhelmingly hard the first game or two.