Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default M.A.V.A.N - Modular Aerial Vehicle Assault Network

Hello Everyone! I wanted to take a minute and introduce a new project that I am working on and try to get some early feedback fromt the community. I am a one man team working on this project and the project is still very early in development. I would like to get feedback from you all here to hopefully make the game fun and generally just more awesome.

The concept of the game is that you are a new recruit into the M.A.V.A.N organization to help defend earth from an out of control AI that has overtaken most of the world's military vehicles (The story is still a work in progress and obviously I welcome ideas and feedback). The M.A.V.A.N. organization is built on aircraft with interchangeable parts and pieces. It is your job to assemble an aircraft to your liking and with proper capabilities to then pilot and fight the enemy AI onslaught.

Below are a couple videos of the game at its current state. Please keep in mind that a lot will change before release such as artwork and UI, and a lot of vehicle parts and pieces will be added. Also most of the enemies have not been implemented at this point. One last note, the apparent lag is in the recording not actual gameplay, sorry for that.

Aircraft Building Demo

Youtube link | Pop Up

Aircraft control and combat Demo

Youtube link | Pop Up

Once again I look forward to your feedback!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:51 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Great Idea!!! Please put in a first person view (like cockpit view...).
Good job!
When it will be released?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thank you for the kind words! I like the idea of first person view, I will see what I can do in that regard. As far as release date, I don't have one at the moment. Like I said before it is just me working on the game, but I can assure you that I am devoting as much time and effort to the project that I can. I will post updated here to keep you in the loop on the progress of the game.

Let me know if you have any other ideas!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

How about you Reduce guided dominance, use a soft lock on as we have to keep an enemy relativly close to the reticle.
Looks workable.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hey thanks for the tip. I am not entirely sure if I understand what you are suggesting. The way the game currently works is that once you are within range of an enemy and that enemy is within a targeting cone in front of you, your targeting will begin a lock on process. If you keep the enemy in range and in the cone long enough you will acquire a lock and your rockets will fire. The rockets have homing abilities that will help the player kill enemies. The lock on time and the homing accuracy vary across the different types of projectiles. For instance the smallest bullet type locks on very fast and has a medium homing ability, but are very weak damage. Conversely, lager "bunker busters" have a much longer lock in rate but carry incredibly high damage, and a fairly low homing ability ( much more useful for stationary ground targets).

The weapon systems are very much in the early stages of implementation.

If you could explain your idea in a little more detail, I will definitely take it to to consideration

Thanks for the interest!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Screenshots!!

Hey everyone just wanted to throw up a couple of screen shots of just a couple of the configurations possible with the current set of fuselages, and various items. More will come soon!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:51 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Looks good.
What I was hitting at earlier was what you hit.
No worries on that then.
Will this be multiplayer focused, or will there be a campaign?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Looks good.
What I was hitting at earlier was what you hit.
No worries on that then.
Awesome! I was thinking we were close but thought I would share a bit more detail of how the system works to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Will this be multiplayer focused, or will there be a campaign?
I am trying to work this part out at the moment. I am not entirely sure how the single player campaign is going to play out yet, but I have been batting around some ideas on how to incorporate multiple players into the game play. So to answer you question more directly, I am focusing on the single player aspect now, while trying to plan and build to allow the possibility of multiplayer. If I can figure out a way to incorporate it in a way that is fun then I will certainly give it a try.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default New Aircraft and functionality!

Hey guys and gals, here is an update on the project.

Created a new aircraft Fuselage. This new fuselage will be a bit heavier but will be stronger and be able to carry more weight. I also added some new flight maneuvers to help avoid danger (or help you meet the side of a mountain very quickly!) watch the video below for a quick demo of the new feature.

Youtube link | Pop Up

and here are some screens of the new ship:
Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I like that fuselage.