★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The fastest game on the App Store is back!

The official remake to the classic 2009 title "Synth Racing", now even faster and in HD!

New features:

- Full HD resolution!
- One NEW ship!
- New shaders for a next gen look!
- Universal App - iphone4, iphone5 and ipads supported!
- GameCenter Leaderboards!
- No Ads!

Any funds made from this game will go directly in the making of the sequel, Synth Racing 2, already in production.

Follow dev blog at synthracing2.com

Royce's comments:

A remake of the original that claims to be faster and HD, free with IAP to remove ads. Proceeds fund the sequel SR2.
07-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Damn this looks great. Downloaded it. Nice graphics, looks really good but tilt only. Arrrrgh

07-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Game Impressions

07-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow.. that's some balls.
07-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Statement: Welcome back! it does not take a heartbeat to download this one! Ad removal costs US$0.99, this should not be a major obstacle.

Reporting: there is not orientation flip and the resolution is some what low on my iPad3. Humm, but I am paying anyway.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
07-08-2013, 09:33 PM
The original was amazing and the dev is a super cool dude so this is a no brainier. Buy the remove ads ya'll.
07-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I must admit when I first read the title of this game I thought it was a music synthesiser game. Ha ha ha on me
07-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Sweet, I'm #1 on all three tracks! : ) Of course, only a few hundred are playing, but still...

So after spending some time with this game, I can safely say it's every bit as good as the "old" version. However, there are several areas where improvements can be made. First of all, on my iPad some of the screens (particularly the opening spash) look blown up and pixely.

Also, I think an opacity setting or slider for the ship (or maybe make it an unlockable paint job) would be extremely helpful. Since the game is all about quickly dodging stuff, it can get frustrating when your own ship is constantly blocking your view.

And what exactly is the "Endless" mode for? It doesn't have any leaderboard that I could see so there's no competition, and I found that I just kept speeding up and flying straight through the obstacles without any input from me, so it's basically pointless (unless I experienced a bug).

Anyway, despite these small nits, this game is absolutely perfect for the platform and insanely satisfying. I hope everyone buys the single IAP.

07-10-2013, 02:49 PM
What happened to the original?
07-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to Bell-chan Send a message via MSN to Bell-chan
Seeing this in the App Store was a fantastic surprise and an instant purchase for me, as I deeply enjoyed the original.

The menu and opening screen seem a bit pixelated and lo-fi, so I was surprised to see this was an app for both the iPhone and iPad, and some of the alterations seem a bit extraneous and hindering: "Endless Mode" is sort of an unnecessary rename of the Training Mode but is no less helpful at teaching you how to play, and there's now no real visual feedback to show you've crashed into something other than the slowdown, but aside from that, this is a very good HD version of the game. The controls are still very tight and focused and the game is great for blowing through for a few minutes.

I eagerly look forward to seeing what's next, especially with ISR2 promised on the horizon.

"Electronic brain (E) applies brakes (C) causing motorist (M) to fly through windscreen (W) resulting in massive lawsuit (L) for radar designer (R)."

~David Zondy, Radar Car, Tales of Future Past