★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Home - A Unique Horror Adventure (universal) by Benjamin Rivers Inc. [$2,99 - $0,99]

07-10-2013, 06:40 PM
#1
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,631
Home - A Unique Horror Adventure (universal) by Benjamin Rivers Inc. [$2,99 - $0,99]

Price drop on brazilian App Store!



This game looks kinda boring to me...
07-10-2013, 07:37 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Price drop on brazilian App Store!

This game looks kinda boring to me...
Sigh.

Really?

It's an absolutely awesome game that doesn't have Hostel style moments. It takes its time with the story and slowly builds and builds the tension, but I will spoil it if I say any more.

If you like horror moves in the style of fast paced and brainless flicks such as Hostel, Saw 3-20, and so on, and need action like Slender, pass on this game.

But if you enjoy that slow build up as you discover truly horrific things, then you'd be crazy to pass this game up.

07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Sigh.

Really?

It's an absolutely awesome game that doesn't have Hostel style moments. It takes its time with the story and slowly builds and builds the tension, but I will spoil it if I say any more.

If you like horror moves in the style of fast paced and brainless flicks such as Hostel, Saw 3-20, and so on, and need action like Slender, pass on this game.

But if you enjoy that slow build up as you discover truly horrific things, then you'd be crazy to pass this game up.
Nice post.

If you like games like the Silent Age or Gemini Rue and don't mind not having action/shooting moments, this is a great game.
I didn't mind paying full price. Hope the sale opens this up to more people. It deserved more attention than it got.
07-10-2013, 07:59 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
Nice post.

If you like games like the Silent Age or Gemini Rue and don't mind not having action/shooting moments, this is a great game.
I didn't mind paying full price. Hope the sale opens this up to more people. It deserved more attention than it got.
Yes! I forgot Gemini Rue. Yet another game that I've played maybe 2 hours of =\

I hope people bought that game, it was amazing. And silent age, yet another game I was thrilled to download, and that one I haven't even so much as opened.
07-10-2013, 08:05 PM
#5
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,631
I saw only the first minutes and looked bored as hell. But now I'm interested.
07-10-2013, 08:59 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
What is the meaning of this? I'll admit to hesitating at $2.99 but Home's experimental style emphasizing world exploration in a horror theme looks too notch.
07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
What is the meaning of this? I'll admit to hesitating at $2.99 but Home's experimental style emphasizing world exploration in a horror theme looks too notch.
+1 I can't pass it up at this price point.
07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
#8
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,631
I bought it. Giving it a chance right now.
07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
I was hesitant to pick this up when it first came out after hearing that the PC version only took like 30 minutes to complete (not sure if that's true and also whether the iOS version is any different).

But think I'll give it a shot at a buck.

EDIT: On second thought, I just keep buying and buying and buying. Think I might still sit this out. This app addiction has gotta stop I tell ya!

*** ....looks at all those unfinished games...and remembers there's even more that haven't even been downloaded.... ****

And on a side note, I think it's a little odd that a game that gets a 69 average on Metacritic for the PC version suddenly gets a 8/10 on Pocketgamer for the iOS version. Is it because we expect less on iOS? Alright, I'll stop rambling. Probably is a decent game.

Last edited by awp69; 07-10-2013 at 09:35 PM.
07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
What is the meaning of this? I'll admit to hesitating at $2.99 but Home's experimental style emphasizing world exploration in a horror theme looks too notch.
Agreed I've been playing Lone Survivor on PC and now I'll add this to my collection when it hits US store

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8