★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Word Solitaire - Competition for 20 Promo Codes!

07-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Word Solitaire - Competition for 20 Promo Codes!

Candywriter is proud to announce the release of Word Solitaire Lite!

Competition
To celebrate this release, we want to give away 20 Promo Codes to the Full version of the game. All you have to do to enter is download the Lite version and tweet your score using the game's built-in Twitter functionality. The Top 20 scores tweeted will receive a Promo Code to the full version.

If you don't use Twitter but still want to enter, take a screenshot of your Scoreboard and post it to this thread.

If you do use Twitter, make sure to follow @candywriter and @WordSolitaire prior to tweeting your scores.

The competition will end at lunchtime tomorrow (12PM Pacific on Wednesday, July 22). Score updates will be posted on this thread and winners will be notified either by DM on Twitter or Private Message in this forum.

Link to Word Solitaire Lite on the App Store

About Word Solitaire
Word Solitaire cards are dealt just like the popular solitaire variant of Klondike but with a unique twist: instead of traditional playing cards, each card represents a letter of the alphabet. It's your task to stack cards on top of one another, create words, and expose more letters. Once all provided letters have been arranged into words, you may advance to the next level.

At your disposal are a couple of tools. As in regular Klondike, a "Grab Deck" is available in which several reinforcement cards may be recruited to help form words. In addition, unwanted cards, such as dastardly Q's and X's, may be incinerated in the screen's crackling fire; but only three cards may be burned per level.

Video Demo

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-21-2009, 03:15 PM
looks tough, but fun, downloading now

07-21-2009, 03:39 PM
This is a great game.

Looks like Klondike, plays more like Freecell... with letters!

Thanks again for the promo code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Added you to twitter mate, but system can not find wordsolitaire.

Entered 102...not sure if any good. suspect not..lol

http://twitter.com/p3zzle
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Its WordSolitaire! Uppercase letters do count in twitter.
I got 490...
How are you making sure I don't just twitter an incredible number (I've seen 5614 and some 1500 scores)?
Oh, and why is the twitter account data not stored?

And your timer is way off! I played for about 10 minutes and it said I played something like 1:22:34!!!
I got an iPod Touch 2g.

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by Crypton; 07-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.
07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Big fan of this game! I had a version on some mobile phone a while back and was really excited when it came out for my iPhone. It's very challenging, but that's part of what makes it so fun!

The mix of Klondike and FreeCell if very appropriate. The same sort of card management that you have in those games plays out here as well, except that you're trying to form words with your cards instead of runs of numbers. I find my self having to raise the white flag more than I care to admit...

Best score I was able to get on a round was 492.

Definite recommended pick up for any fan of word games.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Look for my score soon!!
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
How do you get such high scores? I played over and over to get 224.
07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
230 so far..lol

And whats with the run of vowels or consonants.?
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi Guys,

The trick to maximizing your score is to form the longest words you can. Word Solitaire scoring uses a base 2 system. So a 3 letter word would be worth 2^3 = 8 points, while a 9 letter word is worth 2^9 = 512 points. The longest word you can form in Word Solitaire is 10 letters; therefore it is possible to score 1024 points just from forming a 10 letter word. Its tricky but definitely doable!

@Crypton We can differentiate legitimate vs. illegitimate scores so cheaters are nothing more than pumpkin eaters in this competition. So far the highest score is your 490 points.

Happy Word Solitaire-ing!

Candywriter