Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 AM

Default 1112 update now available. Is all ok now?

Here's the iTunes link to those interested.

I still haven't got this game as I have decided to get it as an Xmas pressy with my vouchers. But I am wondering if those who have got it can confirm if the update fixes everything. Could you please let me know?
Thanks.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 AM

I don't know what you mean with "fixes everything", because from a technical view this game was near perfect. It had some glitches like the "back" button did not work when you were in a dialogue, but overall, it looked and felt very awsome.

My problem was, that it has no story. Nothing happens. I thought that it would become better when you progress, as the dev said, but when I took a look at the walkthrough I saw, that I was nearly at the end of this episode. Of course I know that this is the first episode, but compared to other adventures the storyline just did not develop fast enough to generate interest (my comparism is always Hotel Dusk on the DS, where you want to solve the puzzles, you are motivated, you are interested, and that even after just watching the intro video and playing the first few minutes. For me, 1112 fails in this (sadly)). German store has 10 reviews with 3 mentioning the same.

I'd say that you should give this game a chance. It's the first graphical adventure on the iPhone. It looks, feels and plays great. You will finish it fast and maybe you will also look like "huh? that's it? where's the story?", but it's still an impressive game.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:04 AM

Yes I will get it, but like I said it will be an Xmas present. The issues with it (from readings other peoples opinions) was the spelling mistakes etc with the text, and the lack of a turorial or instructions. Both, apparently, have been rectified in this update.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

Oliver because you all missed the point this is a pilot of the serie, the "quiet" ambience has a meaning, there are tons of "wrong" thing to notice everywhere until what you know happen, that's the whole point of the episode , setting the mood... it's all about introducing a story here..
If you play the game with no rush to end it, taking pleasure to try out things and explore the dialogs right, you'll notice that there IS a story but let's not spoil here.

there are tons of people who felt the game right, around the world (it's true that apparently few in germany ) I guess it's all subjective...
Old 12-09-2008, 06:12 AM

Once you get it, don't play it too actively because you'll finish it in no-time. It's a really really short game. I consider it a playable trailer. It doesn't matter if the developer says it should take several hours to play if you read everything, because most of the text (I'm talking of object descriptions for example) isn't important to the actual story in any way, so why should I read it?

I probably got approx 1.5 hours out of the game, split in short playing sessions.

Great graphics and controls, but way too little (meaningful) content.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

I'm absolutly not agree here.
you can't make it in 2h without spoilers, most people who experienced it by themselves took at least 4h
and what's the point of an adventure game if you don't bother to read?

anyway I won't post anymore defending my game here, I think it's not the thing to do. let other people have their own opinions and think about comparing this to other games quality wise.. (especially adventure on iPhone)
Old 12-09-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
I'm absolutly not agree here.
you can't make it in 2h without spoilers, most people who experienced it by themselves took at least 4h
and what's the point of an adventure game if you don't bother to read?
When I had clicked a whole bunch of object and all I get is "This painting is ugly" or "No you can't do that" or things like that I focused on solving the actual puzzles. I saw no point in "Boopy trap" the light switch at any time in the game, so I didn't press that button. Or any of the "Steal" options on paintings and stuff for that matter. If I in the game find the need to steal anything I go back and do that when it is relevant. I don't press buttons just for the heck of it. Especially since I was an hardcore Kings Quest fan back in the days. If you "clicked" the wrong things there you could easily get killed. I know you can't get killed in 1112 (so far) but I see no point in doing pointless things.

And yes, I had ONE look and the spoilers, and that was to find out how to use the phone. Since nothing else in the game so far use the accelerometer it wasn't obvious. And I wouldn't have been happy to spend 3 hrs just to figure that out.

All this said, I like the game, it's just too short. If Episode 2 proves to include more puzzles and more meaningful content I will most definately buy it. Maybe you should consider not to chop up the story in that many parts.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 AM

1112/01 has a rating of 4/5 in the us store. There are 37 reviews, with 7 pointing out that it's too short or does not let you do anything with stuff even when you have action menu items.

And in uk you have a rating of 3.5/5 with 12 reviews, where 4 mention that it is too short, has no story or you can't interact.

So 20-30% of your customers tell you the same things that I tell you. I'm not against you. I want to like this game because I like the production values it currently has and the game engine you use. But it has flaws in the storyline, the speed the story evolves and the interaction (or, currently, non-interaction, like Liljeberg describes) with objects. And when 30% of your customers tell you the same, you should really look at what they say and not ignore them. Because, maybe, they are right and their ideas would make the next episodes better and less frustrating.

You also have to keep in mind that many people write their reviews after playing one hour or even a minute or even before playing the game and they don't know that they can change their review later in iTunes. So what you get most of the time in iTunes are initial impressions, not what they think after having finished the game (or broke up playing). That may add to the 30% mentioned above...

@Liljeberg: In fact, you can't do pointless things. You have many many pointless action menu items, but either the main character does not want to do what you select or the girl responds that she does not like that. That was the most frustrating thing in the game: To see what the dev thought one might do and then just implement no reaction to this. Either implement a proper reaction or remove 80% of the menu items.

Last edited by Oliver; 12-09-2008 at 06:46 AM..
Old 12-09-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
1112/01 has a rating of 4/5 in the us store. There are 37 reviews, with 7 pointing out that it's too short or does not let you do anything with stuff even when you have action menu items.

And in uk you have a rating of 3.5/5 with 12 reviews, where 4 mention that it is too short, has no story or you can't interact.

You also have to keep in mind that many people write their reviews after playing one hour or even a minute or even before playing the game and they don't know that they can change their review later in iTunes.
Yep- kind of shot yourself in the foot with that last point didn't you mate?
Just joking.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 AM

I change my reviews most if the time when the impression changes drastically