Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM

Default 'Stay' from Anthropophagy

Hey y'all,

we've got a little pre-alpha preview to show off. We wanted some feedback from the community, so let us know what you think:

Youtube link | Pop Up

We wanted to make a game that would be hard or impossible to do on another platform, but that felt right at home on the iPhone/iPod Touch. "Stay" is a balance game, but doesn't make use of the accelerometer. Instead you drop blocks onto a balance beam by touching where you want a block to appear. You can create up to five blocks simultaneously, which is one of those things that could only really be done well with the multi-touch interface.

Stay has a couple of modes; in the main game mode the player tries to keep a given shape on the balance beam for as long as possible. There are a variety of different types of blocks that behave in different ways which keeps gameplay fresh and offers room for more strategies and play styles. There's also a survival mode where the player is given a life meter which drops while the balance beam is below a certain angle.

we're excited to see what you guys think. Let us know.

Last edited by Anthropophagy; 07-21-2009 at 11:48 PM..
Old 07-21-2009, 05:55 PM

Default Innovative!

Wow a great concept! The video looks really good, but I'm not really liking the X's and Lines over the menu buttons. Other than that GREAT!

Any price info, I'll most likely get this =)

beta testing?

keep us posted!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 PM

Wow, it looks really cool and polished. I love the style. You must have a really cool graphic designer/typographer to work with!

Last edited by indyraider4; 07-22-2009 at 08:42 AM..
Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I like the many blocks with wacky abilities to contend with!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 PM

Hey, thanks everyone, we're glad you guys like what you see so far. Gets us all jazzed up to finish it and get it out there.

we're thinking like $1.99, then we could do 99 sales every once in a while?? What do you guys think? (I know most of yous will want 99 always, but we need money checks, cash american. we have tons of great ideas that will go to waste if we don't get paid ^_^)
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 AM

Honestly, this is a great little concept. I really dig it a lot. The art direction is pretty great too, looks like a lot of fun. Do you guys have any idea when you're going to submit? Or how much it might launch at? Think I'll be making a blog post about this one
Old 07-22-2009, 03:36 AM

awesome graphics! I like that "OK GO" the most :P
I'd get that game for sure, ( if my iphone didn't go swimming in italy ) but i can't xD
Old 07-22-2009, 03:38 AM

That is a beautiful game--nicely done! Don't lowball--$1.99 is good. That said, it's not really the kind of gameplay that I am interested in, but I'd be tempted to buy it anyway just because it looks so swanky.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagy View Post
Hey, thanks everyone, we're glad you guys like what you see so far. Gets us all jazzed up to finish it and get it out there.

we're thinking like $1.99, then we could do 99 sales every once in a while?? What do you guys think? (I know most of yous will want 99 always, but we need money checks, cash american. we have tons of great ideas that will go to waste if we don't get paid ^_^)
It seems a fair price although I'm hoping for updates every so often with NEW block types!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:39 PM

Wrote a little bit about it here: http://tr.im/tyPR - Best of luck with the rest of development and its launch!

Closed Thread