★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angry Birds Star Wars II (By Rovio)

07-15-2013, 08:35 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Angry Birds Star Wars II (By Rovio)



Seems like they're trying to follow in Skylanders' footsteps...
07-15-2013, 08:49 AM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
I thought buying toys for ingame characters died out years ago.

07-15-2013, 08:53 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I thought buying toys for ingame characters died out years ago.
...
Skylanders
Infinity
This only makes sense now that rovio is cashing it in.
07-15-2013, 09:03 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I thought buying toys for ingame characters died out years ago.
Skylanders is an enormous success right now and very popular with kids. It's actually one of activision's most profitable IP. Disney is even jealous of that hence why Disney Infinity even exists.
07-15-2013, 09:05 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
...
Skylanders
Infinity
This only makes sense now that rovio is cashing it in.
Yeah they are joining the trend..The figs look cool though,I might buy some hehe..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
07-15-2013, 09:20 AM
#6
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Skylanders is an enormous success right now and very popular with kids. It's actually one of activision's most profitable IP. Disney is even jealous of that hence why Disney Infinity even exists.
When disney is jealous, you have really hit it massively big.
07-20-2013, 01:41 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 575
Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo
Engadget's Hands-on with Angry Birds Star Wars 2 & Hasbro's Telepods


Silly humans and your 4 dimensions. WE have 7...hundred thousandths!!! (:

Last edited by sicksilvo; 07-21-2013 at 01:55 PM.
07-20-2013, 02:05 PM
#8
Yay ANOTHER angry birds game that is what everyone wants .C'mon rovio I know you published tiny theif which is awesome but havent you got any fresh new ideas.
07-20-2013, 02:22 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesidewaystable View Post
Yay ANOTHER angry birds game that is what everyone wants .C'mon rovio I know you published tiny theif which is awesome but havent you got any fresh new ideas.
They don't need fresh ideas. This stuff sells... Not to me, but it sells.
Until people get bored they'll keep pumping this game out. Power to 'em. If you kept selling the same game and were making millions off it, would you be searching for new ideas.
Just throwing that out there.
I don't even know why I'm on this thread.
Cheers.
07-20-2013, 02:38 PM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,563
I never finished an Angry Birds game, maybe this one.