★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Children's game bundle out now, Educational and fun

07-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Children's game bundle out now, Educational and fun

Hello everyone.

If you have young kids, like I do, and they are always grabbing your iPhone to play games, then this is for you. It's a bundle of our Children's educational games, and includes:

ABC Letters Tracing
The game will instruct your child with a dotted arrow showing exactly how to draw the letter. If they make a mistake, it will allow them to try again.

Artie Anteater ABC Story
The app will help your child on those harder words, if they get stuck, individual words can be read to your child with a simple press of the word!

Counting and Colors
Once the child enters the correct answer, the game will automatically count the items aloud again, for added reinforcement.

ABC Match the item with a Letter
Tap on any letter to hear it spoken and hear it's phonic pronunciation. Also tap a picture to hear it's name.

Keep your children entertained while traveling in the car, at the store, in a waiting room, and anywhere you're at.

Released 2 days now, AppStore Link: Artie Bundle

Video Demo at our website.

Thanks!
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Very cool, I don't have kids but I've got a niece and nephew and they're always DYING to play something on it. Might have to check it out. 35MB, huh? Looks like you've got a lot in there

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)

07-22-2009, 12:34 AM
AH the exact game im looking for a long time! i do worry about my son. now i feel relax, hope this is helpful to him
07-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Just purchased. Tracing Letters and the other games are great. The story looks ok, but the next/prev page bar is hard to use. Why not just use buttons like you already do in the games?

The deal breaker for me might be that you are promoting Distant Assasin within the 'more games' page. Why promote a shooting game, with red blood for that matter, within a game for toddlers? Why?
07-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Looks nice. I'm always on the lookout for something new for my 3yr old. Might give it a shot.
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbr View Post
Just purchased. Tracing Letters and the other games are great. The story looks ok, but the next/prev page bar is hard to use. Why not just use buttons like you already do in the games?

The deal breaker for me might be that you are promoting Distant Assasin within the 'more games' page. Why promote a shooting game, with red blood for that matter, within a game for toddlers? Why?
You are right. I'll put in the buttons, and get rid of the shooter game. I will fix these things in the update.
I just figured parents are the only ones putting in the iTune codes to buy the games. (You cannot really shield kids away from the media side of it, I've tried with my kids and it just back fires. I think it's more important now to just communicate what is appropriate or not, with a child.)
But I will take it out, thanks for the feedback.
07-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosaurus View Post
Very cool, I don't have kids but I've got a niece and nephew and they're always DYING to play something on it. Might have to check it out. 35MB, huh? Looks like you've got a lot in there
Yes, and I compressed as much as I could!
07-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I just had a chance to show my 4 and 3 year old boys the App. They are loving it. Letter Tracing is hitting a home run.

Thanks for being accepting to my suggestions, especially with the shooter app. It's amazing how many times my son has come running to me asking to buy an app. Almost always it's from following the 'more games' link within a game. If there's a button, they will press it.
07-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbr View Post
I just had a chance to show my 4 and 3 year old boys the App. They are loving it. Letter Tracing is hitting a home run.

Thanks for being accepting to my suggestions, especially with the shooter app. It's amazing how many times my son has come running to me asking to buy an app. Almost always it's from following the 'more games' link within a game. If there's a button, they will press it.
You're right, kids love to explore. It's amazing to see what our kids do at such a young age, compared to what we were doing that young. With all the technology that allows kids these days to learn more and more, at a younger age, the future for these kids will be limitless.