iPhone Ortus Arena - 1vs1 turn-based strategy game WITH SAMURAI

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Winterismute, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Winterismute

Winterismute New Member

Jul 16, 2013
    #1 Winterismute, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    (I often lurk toucharcade but I have never registered before - I apologize in advance for my sin)
    Hi, I am part of a small indie game dev studio based in the Netherlands, and we are currently working on a game called Ortus Arena which I think, and hope, you can found pretty interesting.
    This is one of our first trailers:

The game is the adaptation of a board game that will be soon released in Europe, created by Joost Das. When we came across it, we really liked it and we thought that we really wanted way more people around the world to enjoy it. We then arranged the development of a digital version, since videogames have almost no constraints in term of distribution today.
    In the game you control an army of 8 warriors which you can move around the board. Warriors move and attack in different ways.
    The game will feature:
    - 2 different types of games: the "Apprentice" game (released for free, featuring armies of only 2 basic warriors) and the "Master" game (will not be free, and will feature 4 additional kinds of warriors)
    - Possibility of playing against a friend locally on the iPad, against various AIs, or against other players online
    - A detailed graphical style, design and animations. We are really trying to recreate a strong medieval japanese inspired atmosphere!
    In its main form (Master) the game is really not hard to pick up but very deep - the 4 advanced warrior types have very different way of attacking and moving (wind-powered warriors can move mostly for free, fire-powered warriors protect other warriors on the board, etc.)
    If tactical games are anyway not for you, at least check out our Bushido-inspired characters!
    If you really like it, you can buy it in advance on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1110377701/ortus-arena-0
    The official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ortusarena

I am totally looking forward to any feedback.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looks nice from the video, you got me interested.
    I really liked the music you used for the video. Which artist is that, and any idea where I can get it?
    And hey, a fellow Dutch ;)

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    This looks cool..:)

4. Winterismute

Winterismute New Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback :D
    I am not totally sure, but, I think the music of the video was also made by our Patrick. You can read more about him and the rest of the team here:
    http://www.ortusgame.com/team/

Also, I am the only non-dutch member of the studio (as of today) - I am Italian :) Hence, I am currently discovering the magic behind pizza and pineapple!

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Cools, this game make me think about Doodle God, about element natural

6. Winterismute

Winterismute New Member

Jul 16, 2013
    No please don't let me discover new addictive games or we will never finish ours :p

Btw, is it allowed to cross-post/link also in the Android section opening a new thread? I don't want to be considered a spammer, but well, we are quite happy that the tools we are using allow us to also have Android players playing the game as well (of course with some additional effort), so yes, it would be cool to "show off" :D

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    As far as I know, it is allowed to open threads for multiple platforms.
    Quite sure I have seen a post from a mod that explicitly said "yes, that's ok", unfortunately I cannot remember in which thread.

If you want to play it safe, you can always add a note for moderators at the top:
    that "yes, I read the rules, but couldn't find anything on it" , therefore you really do not know, and they can delete it if you violated any rules; and that it would be nice if they tell you ( e.g. via PM) before deleting, if it indeed should come to that.

Oh, and: If your Patrick made the soundtrack, ask him two things:
    1) Can you make it available somewhere? iTunes is fine, I will gladly pay for it if the rest is as good.
    2) If you don't know them yet, go check Youtube for Yoshida Brothers, especially their piece "Rising". You might like them.