★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hurdler featured on iTunes front page!

07-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Hurdler featured on iTunes front page!

I just wanted to share the joy! Our version of Hurdler from the folks at The Games Page has been selected to be featured in Apple's 'What We're Playing' section in iTunes! It's a fun little twitch platformer that can really test your reaction time! Give it a go, there's also a light version.
App Store Link
Lite Version
07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Thats good news for you. But I didnt find the game anything interesting at all. Those screenshots turned me off completely. Sorry for what I felt about ur game. But still wanted to tell what (only IMO) looks wrong with it. I hope it plays a hell lot better than what it looks. Also I hope I am an exception here and others find the grafix better looking .

07-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Thats good news for you. But I didnt find the game anything interesting at all. Those screenshots turned me off completely. Sorry for what I felt about ur game. But still wanted to tell what (only IMO) looks wrong with it. I hope it plays a hell lot better than what it looks. Also I hope I am an exception here and others find the grafix better looking .
Do you know the original game?
07-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
Do you know the original game?
Sorry. Dont even know if there is an original game. But was expecting the game to look a little better considering it is featured in AppStore`s "What we`re playing" section. Is this game a lot of improvement over the original game?
07-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Sorry. Dont even know if there is an original game. But was expecting the game to look a little better considering it is featured in AppStore`s "What we`re playing" section. Is this game a lot of improvement over the original game?
Ummm...graphics mean nothing in the grand scheme of gameplay. DoodleJump seems to be doing pretty well with poor graphics.

On a side note, your signature should be:
"I can't do it all on my own. No, I know..."
-Lazlo Bane
07-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobyn View Post
Ummm...graphics mean nothing in the grand scheme of gameplay. DoodleJump seems to be doing pretty well with poor graphics.

On a side note, your signature should be:
"I can't do it all on my own. No, I know..."
-Lazlo Bane

Yes I know bout the sig. Just too lazy to rectify my mistake. Have the same username and sig at MR forums. I changed that a few days back after I found out my mistake. Just that once I get online at TA, with so many interesting posts here(along with promo code contests ), I always get busy here and forget to edit the sig.

Also I m not saying the game will not sell. Graphics do mean a lot to some of us. I`d like my games to have decent(if not exceptional) grafix with the best gameplay possible. I simply cant understand why the dev used the stick figure here.

But I, in no way mean that I`ll never play a game just coz the grafix werent good. But it`ll help a lot if the grafix dont look this bad in pics, especially when someone is having a look at it for the first time without any knowledge of what the game actually is about.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-22-2009 at 08:32 AM.
07-22-2009, 09:34 PM
If you think the gfx look funny, you should have seen the 1.0 release. Hurdler has a kickass soundtrack that'll have you dancing a jig. Gameplay is a mix of arcade style timing and puzzles - it is a great little pickup game with a nice ramp up in difficulty, and a sick sense of humor in the stickman death animations.

Quote:
Yes I know bout the sig. Just too lazy to rectify my mistake. Have the same username and sig at MR forums. I changed that a few days back after I found out my mistake. Just that once I get online at TA, with so many interesting posts here(along with promo code contests ), I always get busy here and forget to edit the sig.

Also I m not saying the game will not sell. Graphics do mean a lot to some of us. I`d like my games to have decent(if not exceptional) grafix with the best gameplay possible. I simply cant understand why the dev used the stick figure here.

But I, in no way mean that I`ll never play a game just coz the grafix werent good. But it`ll help a lot if the grafix dont look this bad in pics, especially when someone is having a look at it for the first time without any knowledge of what the game actually is about.
07-22-2009, 10:25 PM
well, thank you very much for your saying. actually, i think the game is OK. if not so busy, i may play it...