★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Strategery?

12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 405
Strategery?

First post, sorry if this happens often.

I saw a new game appear in App Sniper called Strategery, and it actually looked pretty interesting (a sort of Risk type game).

Then I went to find it in the app store, and I couldn't.

In iTunes, it appears, but gives me a US Store error when I select it.

Does anyone know why new apps appear like this but then can't be selected in either App Store or iTunes?

This is also happening a lot (not always) with another game I am considering buying: 2079 by Eric Tang.
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
First post, sorry if this happens often.

I saw a new game appear in App Sniper called Strategery, and it actually looked pretty interesting (a sort of Risk type game).

Then I went to find it in the app store, and I couldn't.

In iTunes, it appears, but gives me a US Store error when I select it.

Does anyone know why new apps appear like this but then can't be selected in either App Store or iTunes?

This is also happening a lot (not always) with another game I am considering buying: 2079 by Eric Tang.
Just try clicking it again. I've noticed that it's been doing that since yesterday. If you try again it'll probably go through.

Anyways, I was eyeballing startegery too. It looks like an interesting take on the game.

I'm guessing the name came from Will Farrell's George W. impression from before he was president. He was asked to sum up his campaign in one word. He thought about and answered "strategery."

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0

12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 347
I'd be interested to know if this is a snazzier version of the much-lauded Dice Wars. If so, I'd certainly pay $.99 for it.
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,268
i did a search, and it show'd up, but could not locate it
so maybe it will just take a lil bit of time to populate the servers

if it is anything like Dice Wars, than i shall purchase it
08-17-2009, 08:44 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Not Texas... lol
Posts: 87
Bought this game way back when I first got my ipod touch and it was totally worth the purchase. It's a really fun game when you're trying to think of something to do to pass time. It actually becomes quite addicting once you first play it.

It's just like the classic game risk, you try to conquer all the countries and be the best out of everyone.

This game would be insane if you could play online with other opponents or even on wi-fi :/

Unfortunately the latest update for the game did cause a glitch to occur, but the developer has already fixed it and is awaiting for apple to review the new update and allow it through.

I would recommend this game to anyone! Highly enjoyable.
08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekssx View Post
Bought this game way back when I first got my ipod touch and it was totally worth the purchase. It's a really fun game when you're trying to think of something to do to pass time. It actually becomes quite addicting once you first play it.

It's just like the classic game risk, you try to conquer all the countries and be the best out of everyone.

This game would be insane if you could play online with other opponents or even on wi-fi :/

Unfortunately the latest update for the game did cause a glitch to occur, but the developer has already fixed it and is awaiting for apple to review the new update and allow it through.

I would recommend this game to anyone! Highly enjoyable.
lux dlx is way better imho

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
lux dlx is way better imho
I actually keep both on my iPhone- they are of a similar genre, but two totally different games

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
08-17-2009, 08:51 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
lux dlx is way better imho
Maybe, but I probably spent only $1 on Strategery, which is a great game and I loved it, and Lux Dlx is $8. I doubt it's 8 times better.
08-17-2009, 08:52 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
I actually keep both on my iPhone- they are of a similar genre, but two totally different games
yes they in fact feel like and are two different games but if you talk of the best risk type game, lux dlx all the way

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-17-2009, 08:53 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
yes they in fact feel like and are two different games but if you talk of the best risk type game, lux dlx all the way
Yea, I see what you're saying - I'm hoping the EA port of Risk will be out soon

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn