★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: GW Series

07-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
GW Series

game and watch restyled

---
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322560334&mt=8

GET THEM ALL - AS A BUNDLE!

Unable to decide which game to purchase?

* GW Lab
* GW Monkey
* GW Escape
* GW JetPack
* GW Monster
* GW Retreat

Mobile 1UP has bundled the six games into a single application for a discounted price - amazing value!

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
07-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Interesting offer. M tempted. Lemme check if the 6 games are any good. BTW will this pack get all the updates which the individual apps will get?

EDIT:- They all look like minigames to me.All of them share pretty much the same gameplay. What will be the point of getting them all if they all are basically the same? Now I may be wrong but this is what I could gather from your game descriptions and pics. PASS as far as I m concerned.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-22-2009 at 02:06 PM.

07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, one of the only situations where I would've preferred retro graphics and GW has been turned into a middle-aged graying man. Again, wow.
07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Wow, one of the only situations where I would've preferred retro graphics and GW has been turned into a middle-aged graying man. Again, wow.
well, you can blame Nintendo for that

// Aaron Ardiri
07-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Interesting offer. M tempted. Lemme check if the 6 games are any good. BTW will this pack get all the updates which the individual apps will get?

EDIT:- They all look like minigames to me.All of them share pretty much the same gameplay. What will be the point of getting them all if they all are basically the same? Now I may be wrong but this is what I could gather from your game descriptions and pics. PASS as far as I m concerned.
not everyone is into the game & watch type games - they were already at the lower price point; $0.99 - and bundling them as one meant saving space on our launcher and getting them cheaper as well. a bundle was requested by a number of users, so here it is.

sure, they are not your FPS or space shooter type game - but they do have appeal to some; for us, this is the last installment of game and watch style games and we are focusing our efforts on newer, more interesting games

// Aaron Ardiri
07-22-2009, 02:31 PM
10 free codes - enjoy.

KF6K4N6FLLR4
KPYFFTMP7AP7
ELRWLWY6AA7L
K3KJK6777KF6
TWE7NXNNX7R7
MFT64LM97L4H
WKJE4YP3E37E
PJ3L3WLNWHLY
3HXLHFKE6FM7
WWWH7MYNA69M

if this is your kettle of tea; here are some complimentary codes. there are some active high score sheets online which you can also post your scores to. have fun with the game if you get a chance.

// Aaron Ardiri
07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I grabbed WKJE4YP3E37E
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks. I took PJ3L3WLNWHLY. Funny thing is I was on my iPod, so I memorized the code without pen and paper, and redeemed it.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile1up View Post
not everyone is into the game & watch type games - they were already at the lower price point; $0.99 - and bundling them as one meant saving space on our launcher and getting them cheaper as well. a bundle was requested by a number of users, so here it is.

sure, they are not your FPS or space shooter type game - but they do have appeal to some; for us, this is the last installment of game and watch style games and we are focusing our efforts on newer, more interesting games
No no. That minigames remark was not my problem with your games. In fact I love minigames and have paid for almost 50 of them as my 3yr old cant really play Doom Resurrection. He`ll need something simpler instead. Also I didnt mean to say that the games didnt appeal to me. But what I failed to understand was the difference between all six games. I mean they all look similar. If someone was interested he`ll just buy one. Why will he pay for same type of game 6 times? But that was what I gathered from the descriptions on AppStore. Now that I have grabbed a promo code for your bundle lemme find it out for my self if there is a difference or not

Thanx for the promo code. Used TWE7NXNNX7R7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Thanks. I took PJ3L3WLNWHLY. Funny thing is I was on my iPod, so I memorized the code without pen and paper, and redeemed it.

You must have been really desperate
Time to shell out 10 bucks for os 3.0 I guess

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-22-2009 at 03:04 PM.
07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
No no. That minigames remark was not my problem with your games. In fact I love minigames and have paid for almost 50 of them as my 3yr old cant really play Doom Resurrection. He`ll need something simpler instead. Also I didnt mean to say that the games didnt appeal to me. But what I failed to understand was the difference between all six games. I mean they all look similar. If someone was interested he`ll just buy one. Why will he pay for same type of game 6 times? But that was what I gathered from the descriptions on AppStore. Now that I have grabbed a promo code for your bundle lemme find it out for my self if there is a difference or not
they are all race-to-get-as-many-points-as-possible games.

there are six games, they do vary slightly yet they do have a similar feel to them all ; that was the quality of the games back in the day. i can summarize each game here, so you can see the differences:

gw lab: a 4-way catcher, it is the only game with 4-way controls
gw monkey: 2-way catcher, keep the food in air, special patterns to watch
gw escape: 2-way catcher, special bouncing pattern from left to right
gw retreat: 2-way catcher, three different paths, different patterns
gw octopus: 2-way movement, 3-4-5-4-3 pattern movement for tentacles
gw retreat: 2-way movement, cross field avoid objects

there is a common "2-way" control to this; hence the simple tilt or tap the sides of the device (another mode is tap the position to go to). the games have their own unique features within them - none are the same as the others; yet, if you like one, you will like the others.

i played these games as a child (i am old now) - my daughter is 13 and she loves these games - but, they are not as appealing as spyro or the other cool brands that are being pushed their way *sigh*

// Aaron Ardiri