★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Touch Of Spirit

07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Touch Of Spirit

[App Store Link, 0.99]

Quote:
Our love story begins with the Jester daring to fall in love with the Queen. But the most curious fact is that the Queen answered his feelings. The sweethearts often met each other and dreamed of living a long and happy life together.

No wonder that all citizens of this kingdom were terrified, and the Black Warlock, who was the main counselor of the Queen and dreamed of coming to the throne, became furious and decided to get rid of the Jester. The Warlock resorted to all his spells and skills but failed to take the life of the young Jester - so great was the power of Queen's love! Then he stole the Jester's soul and turned his body into stone.

“Pray for your idol made of stone, miserable queen!“ - laughed the evil sorcerer. “No one and nothing will help his soul come back! I also didn't forget the castle where you met him. It is now hanging in the infinite Space where the Dark reigns and the Time has no power. When you resign yourself, you will understand that I am the only one who deserves to share the throne with you…”

The love story of the Queen and the Jester could have come to a tragic end if the Good Angel didn't appear. The soul of the Angel once belonged to a very beautiful girl who refused to become the Warlock's lover and to help him in his evil deeds, so the dark sorcerer has stolen her soul for that. No one dared to help the lonely soul, but the time passed and she turned into a Good Angel. The Angel decided to take the sweethearts' side and to reunite their lives.

And now the Good Angel guides the Jester through the portals. But the Angel also needs the Jester's help: Each portal contains the magic items which should be found in less than 2,5 minutes. Only once this is done, the Angel can take the Jester to the next portal.

Features

- 15 complex tasks to accomplish
- Cool graphics and animation
- Automatic save
- Mini tutorial to help you get started
- Lots of different items to find

--------

Planned feature additions:

- New interesting puzzles!
- More levels
- Various bonus items
- High scores
.... and more!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

Last edited by eggzbacon; 07-22-2009 at 05:53 PM.
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
yup, those graphics do look nice, too bad it's puzzle game...

07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote:
And now the Good Angel guides the Jester through the portals. But the Angel also needs the Jester's help: Each portal contains the magic items which should be found in less than 2,5 minutes. Only once this is done, the Angel can take the Jester to the next portal.
Cuz all fairy tales have to do with finding magic items in less than 2.5 minutes
07-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I don't like the time limit on this game. It looks good, and I'll probably give it a try later, but time limits especially for this type of game isn't ideal. Hopefully, it proves me wrong.
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
any one try it yet? tell me more about it a gameplay video will be awesome, many thx
07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
99c is very tempting for a 3d puzzle game... I'm just worried about the 2.5 mins of game time per level. 15 levels x 2.5 mins = 37.5 mins of total game play... that's assuming you get it right the first time around.. which is most unlikely. It would be great to know the replayability of each level, as well as the challenge factor. Gonna keep a close eye for the meantime.
07-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Saw this come in and am very interested to see what people think about it. More impressions would be appreciated

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I started digging into the game last night, and it's not bad although I don't like the timed aspect. The object of the game is find hidden items within that set time. And, you're also give a set of hints in each section. The hitch is that sometimes sections have additional hidden items that you're directed to find so you don't want to use all your hints right away. Also, the sections include other items not relevant for your search but serve as a distraction.

Each section is introduced by a cut scene that provides part of the story which is ok and adds to the game a bit. The graphics are done nicely with a good dose of 3D perspective. The devs obviously spent some time on them because they do look good.

Controls are swipe and drag to move around the screen although it doesn't provide full 360 movement. Instead, there are two arrows at the bottom of the screen that can be used to move and pan right or left. You can also zoom in and out by pinching.

In general, this is a hidden item game that many may zip right through especially because of the timed aspect. I think that really prevents people from enjoying the scene since you only have 2.5 minutes to get through one. I'll have to play through this a bit, but if the directions are any indication, this is solely locating hidden items.