★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Critter Defense TD

07-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Critter Defense TD

itunes link - $2.99

will add more info when it posts to appshopper

Critter Defense

Critters are on the march! Choose from an arsenal of towers and build your defenses to stop their merciless onslaught.

This gorgeous and innovative tower defense game breaks free from the grid and brings players to whole new level of tactical (and tactile) nuance. It's part action game, part puzzle game, and part strategy game.

Featuring:
- Deadly Enemies — Critters come in a variety of menacing breeds, including some that heal themselves and some that fire back!
- Deadlier Towers — Poison! Blast! Mud! Flame! Each tower has its own unique and destructive effects on the Critter hordes.
- See the Worlds — Play across twelve levels in three worlds: Grasslands, Seashore, and Metropolis.
- Choose Your Challenge — Once you've beaten a level, perfect it! Once you've perfected it, go for the high score! And with so many tower combinations available, the gameplay will last as long as you want.
- Social Networking — Trade strategies and tips with other players on the in-game discussion board and see how you match up against friends or strangers on the dynamic leaderboards.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 07-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
07-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I like the grpahics

07-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Critter Defense is out (finally)

Hey -- I'm one of the Critter Defense devs. Thanks for the post.

We're still having issues with Apple as far as being listed in the store, but you can definitely buy the app. You've just gotta link straight to it. (A bit annoying.)

(If anyone knows how to prod Apple into action as far as fixing these sorts of issues, PLEASE let me know.)

Anyway, the game's out and we're already getting a great response!

The App Store link is here: http://m.oji.to
07-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing View Post

We're still having issues with Apple as far as being listed in the store, but you can definitely buy the app. You've just gotta link straight to it. (A bit annoying.)

(If anyone knows how to prod Apple into action as far as fixing these sorts of issues, PLEASE let me know.)

Anyway, the game's out and we're already getting a great response!

The App Store link is here: http://m.oji.to
I think it's just taking time populating in itunes for some reason.

One thing, I'm wondering is that in the video, I don't see any health bars above the critters as they're being killed...is this how it is in the current release? It seems that it would make it difficult to know how effective your guns are or whether you need to upgrade them.
07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Im loving the graphix too
2.99 kinda high for an intro price dont u think!
07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Hi. Could you post what makes your TD unique? Its had to tell from the pictures.

Thanks, Michael
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Gfx are nice...
Is there a lite version submitted too ?
07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Critter Defense Answers

Some quick answers:

- The health bars for the critters are actually the little stripes on their backs. As they loose health, the stripe gets shorter. It's a bit hard to see in the video, but it's really quite clear in the game. We did this just to reduce some of the visual clutter on-screen.

- As for the price... Is $2.99 to high? We've had lengthy conversations about the price. We've got more game developer brains than business brains at the moment. We're totally open to changing the price, though, if that's what it takes to get people playing.

- We'll have a lite version out soon. Probably in a few weeks. And we've got some other updates coming up very soon, as well.

Thanks!
07-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Defenitely go .99 as an intro price to bump the app up the charts.

Gun Builder ELITE - Build, customize & fire your own guns.
Gun Builder ELITE HD - For iPad
07-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Some quick answers:

- The health bars for the critters are actually the little stripes on their backs. As they loose health, the stripe gets shorter. It's a bit hard to see in the video, but it's really quite clear in the game. We did this just to reduce some of the visual clutter on-screen.

- As for the price... Is $2.99 to high? We've had lengthy conversations about the price. We've got more game developer brains than business brains at the moment. We're totally open to changing the price, though, if that's what it takes to get people playing.

- We'll have a lite version out soon. Probably in a few weeks. And we've got some other updates coming up very soon, as well.

Thanks!
well im just saying maybe you want to make a 1$ intro price to get people to try out and buy the game before raising the price a little or you can always keep the 2.99 price and make a lite version