★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Soda Pop Cap themed 'Tumblecaps' FREE for a limited time!

07-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Soda Pop Cap themed 'Tumblecaps' FREE for a limited time!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to say hello to all, as I've just joined the forums here. I also wanted to take a moment to introduce everyone to one of the games I have recently released in the App Store.

Tumblecaps is a fast-paced action game where you have to tap soda pop bottlecaps in sets of three or more as they fall to the ground using physics. A timer is constantly dropping, and making matches will cause the timer to refill a little bit. As you progress through the game, the timer gets faster and faster!

Here is a direct link to the game: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320467482&mt=8

Producing this game was a lot of fun, as it was part of my "App-a-Day" project, where I am creating 30 games, where each game is made in less than 24 hours. Tumblecaps was made from start to finish, including all art, in about 7 hours. Check out the App-a-Day page at http://app-a-day.blogspot.com/

This game has so far received some wonderful reviews. Check out the video review in this episode of iPhone Roundup:

Youtube link | Pop Up

I am going to record some decent videos soon of this and the other 6 games I've released so far, however a number of those are quirky and experimental titles (which are perfect for quick game-in-a-day projects like this - just make something quick and fun and see what happens!). In the mean time, here are some images from Tumblecaps to enjoy:

Also, I am going to create a sequel to Tumblecaps, however that won't be an "App-a-Day" project. I want to create a well polished sequel - and I would love to hear your ideas! Let me know in this forum or through email what you liked about Tumblecaps, what you did not like, what you would like to see in a sequel and so forth. Your ideas just might make it in there!

Thanks for reading - and I hope you enjoy the game!

-BahamutZaero

Last edited by BahamutZaero; 07-23-2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: embedded youtube video
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Ahem Mod Powers Required once again..

Its FREE for a Limited Time
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Ahem Mod Powers Required once again..

Its FREE for a Limited Time
Thanks for the heads up.
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for changing the post title, mod! Was waiting for the free status to go through before doing it myself.
08-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutZaero View Post
Thanks for changing the post title, mod! Was waiting for the free status to go through before doing it myself.
Well you couldnt have changed the title even if you wanted to. Only a mod is allowed to change the title of a thread once it`s created
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
This is a pretty fun game, and by far the best application to come out of the App-A-Day series so far. It's been a while since I played it, but I think the biggest thing it could use is a variety of power-ups / power-downs. I really appreciated the fact that even though it was a match 3 game it really didn't follow the game play flow of a traditional match 3 game. I can't wait to see what you do with a sequel on this one. So will the App-A-Day project be resuming any time soon?

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre