★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spin Star?

07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Spin Star?

Has anyone else bothered to check this one out?

iTune Link

It's a fun game in the bubble shooter genre with a few novel twists. I made a full review at MobileTechReview (and we've got a little contest over the weekend for a couple of promo codes to the game as well) but will not provide a link here.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Wow, no I haven't heard of it until now but it looks like it a lot of fun. The video shows it off really well. What a shame, looks like it's been out for a while and it doesn't even have any reviews for it yet (on iTunes at least).

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)

07-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosaurus View Post
Wow, no I haven't heard of it until now but it looks like it a lot of fun. The video shows it off really well. What a shame, looks like it's been out for a while and it doesn't even have any reviews for it yet (on iTunes at least).
Ouch, I hadn't caught that, I will at least correct that much (I thought I'd left one). While I won't claim they reinvented the wheel here, it's pretty cool and deserves some recognition.

My iTunes Reviews
07-23-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah, that does look like fun...wonder if the music is in the game?
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
yeah, that does look like fun...wonder if the music is in the game?
Aha, yes, yes there is some techo music which is half way decent...BUT THEREIN LIES A PROBLEM (soon to be remedied in the first update). If playing on a OS 3.0 device, even if you turn their music all the way down, you might occasionally experience hitches in the controls (moving the ring smoothly and then, BAM!, you've just moved an extra quarter circle from your intended area). The update should hit any day now but in the meantime, if you even experience this problem (this doesn't appear to be an issue on all systems), the simple cute is to play your own music (no fear, you'll still get the game's sound effects).

My iTunes Reviews
07-23-2009, 03:08 PM
It looks nice indeed. I may try it later today.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
On sale for $0.99. Liked to hear others impressions of the game.
07-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm 99 cents, I might get this. I'm just trying to play my way through Pipe Mania first though.
07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Just a heads up gang, the latest v1.1 patch totally cleared up the hitchiness (so no need to work any clever work arounds).

My iTunes Reviews