★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Asphalt 4 Elite Racing is up!

08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Asphalt 4 Elite Racing is up!

It's one of the more expensive games ($9.99), so I'm curious as to if people think it lives up to the hype.

And I hope it does...

(btw: curiously, it listed as "version 1.2.0", so maybe some debugging has already been done?)
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosui View Post
It's one of the more expensive games ($9.99), so I'm curious as to if people think it lives up to the hype.

And I hope it does...

(btw: curiously, it listed as "version 1.2.0", so maybe some debugging has already been done?)
This looks really good. Toucharcade put up a youtube video that claimed to be realtime multiplayer LINK

This game looks REALLY good, but so many good games is leaving a really painful feeling in my wallet =(
08-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I just posted a HD gameplay video in case you're curious about it. It's as close to a demo you'll get at this point.

My quick impressions are that it blows GTS World Racing out of the water on every front - control, gameplay, sound, music, opponents, graphics, replay value, etc. But it was a huge hurdle to get past the first race; the A.I. drivers are ruthless. So far, I'm not regretting the $9.99 purchase.

Matt
08-31-2008, 12:55 AM
3 questions about the game:

1. When using the accelerometer steering mode, is tilting my phone forward accelerating the car or using the nitro? If it's using the nitro is it any different then touching the nitro button.

2. On one of the videos of the game it shows someone touching the nitro button and it shows 1x, 2x, 3x on the screen. Do you tap the nitro button mutiple times to get higher levels of nitro boost? or do you just hold it down until the nitro is used up?

3. In the options is the button that says: "more games" or something similar. If i hit the button it brings up a blank screen with the spinning waiting for something indicator, then it just goes to my "desktop". Is this normal?
08-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nippyjun View Post
3 questions about the game:

1. When using the accelerometer steering mode, is tilting my phone forward accelerating the car or using the nitro? If it's using the nitro is it any different then touching the nitro button.

2. On one of the videos of the game it shows someone touching the nitro button and it shows 1x, 2x, 3x on the screen. Do you tap the nitro button mutiple times to get higher levels of nitro boost? or do you just hold it down until the nitro is used up?

3. In the options is the button that says: "more games" or something similar. If i hit the button it brings up a blank screen with the spinning waiting for something indicator, then it just goes to my "desktop". Is this normal?
1: Tilting forward accelerates, nudging it forward further uses nitro. It's an intricate process, but once you get a feel for it, it works well.

2. Yes, you tap the nitro button multiple times for each level of boost.

3. No, it worked for me. It brings up what appears to be an in-game browser, where it shows box art of games they have available for the iPhone in cover flow style. It likely loads up a javascript to do this, and the webpage probably wasn't responding at the time when you tried to load it up.

Matt
09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
This game has just raised the bar for 10$ apps.
good for buyers, bad for developers haha

can't wait to try the wifi multiplayer. I'd love to see more games with this feature