Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM

Default Space Bits

Old 07-27-2013, 06:19 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Created this thread because I know there are fellow members who would be interested. I would TOFTT, but, alas, I only purchase ipad or universal apps now.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:33 PM
iPhone 6 Plus

Just "finished" this game. It has 21 replayable levels across two different worlds, with more coming as promised by the dev.

There's only one control option, the default, but it's smooth, responsive and relative - you move the ship by holding your finger beneath it, not blocking the view. As stated in the screenshots, the game pauses when not touching the screen, so you can loot items, change gear etc. This almost made my finger cramp one time, so I don't know if I like always having to touch the screen.

There's a great variety of enemies and an even greater variety of loot, your weapon and armor, both in the looks and the stats. Stats like life leech, damage reduction, item chance, laser, triple shot and so on. There's also different kinds of rarity, blue, yellow and so on.

You also get experience and upon leveling up, you're given 5 points you can invest in damage, armor or dodge. The max level right now is 25.
I finished the game in just about one hour and half, leaving me wanting more. There's replayability in finding loot, but not much else, no GC integration.

One big problem I had was about halfways through, enemies could no longer hurt me because of damage reduction, basically meaning I could just stand still and wait for the enemies to die.

I had fun while it lasted, worth my .99 cents. Keeping it for the update(s).

Last edited by Pham; 07-27-2013 at 10:36 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi Pham! Developer of Space Bits, here. Thanks for the awesome feedback! I'm really glad you've enjoyed it so far.

Thanks for pointing out the damage reduction flaw, seems like it really can throw off the balance at high levels. I'll be looking at ways of smoothing this out in the next update (without totally nerfing the progress you've already made, heh). There will definitely be more levels, weapons, armor, and enemies in the next update as well, I'm looking at cramming in as much as I can.

Thanks again for the feedback and for checking out Space Bits! If you have any feature requests or other issues, don't hesitate to let me know here or you can drop me a line at spacebitsfeedback(at)gmail(dot)com.

Some promo codes if anyone else would like to check it out (let us know if you take one!):
YX4RRWXR4WFX
TNTM9NY3RFT9
HTPPAATJ9E4J
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi Greyskull! Space Bits started off as an experiment on iPhone and was fleshed out into the game it is today, remaining iPhone-only. Making it universal or making an iPad version hasn't really been on the agenda so far, but it sounds like fun! I'll try getting that into a future update. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I just redeemed YX4RRWXR4WFX now. The other two have been used. Can't wait to fire this up in a few. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Great! Glad to hear they're being used. Here are a couple more:
HYM3PT6K9YTW
3H3ALHFY476T
Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Snatched HYM3PT6K9YTW thank you.

Pham's post says it all, though i finished the game in under one hour.
Hmm...a bit to short to recommend it from the heart. But a nice try,
so far, and curious to see what else will be coming down the line.
Keep up your good work Devs.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Any plans to add Game Center?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the feedback, Qwertz555. I hear ya on the length issue, it's the biggest thing I'll be addressing in the next update. Most of the art assets are well on their way and I'm working a lot on the balance right now. I appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

Oh! Also, when you say devs, I should clarify that this project is a lonely one. It's just me!