Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Castle Breakers- a physics driven, action adventure RPG

Hello TouchArcadians, I am a recently minted independent game developer, and I would like to announce my first project: Castle Breakers.

The forces of evil have besieged the kingdom and set up fortifications across the land. You, the last of the Castle Breakers, have been called upon to rid the land of this scourge. Rise. Go forth. Crush your enemies. See them driven before you.*

*(Inclusion of 8bit lamentation samples, TBD.)

Inspired by the block breaker games of yore, Castle Breakers is a physics driven, action adventure RPG title, wrapped in a 3D, pixellated fantasy theme.

As the last of the Castle Breaker Knights, you will travel across the overworld map, clearing each fortress of enemies with aid of your sword and magic wrecking ball.

Thanks for your interest! I will update this post with new info as I assemble it.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Art style looks really cool. Any more gameplay details?
Old 07-28-2013, 04:11 PM

:0 love the art !!!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:51 AM

Please post a gameplay clip so we can have a better understanding of your title.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Loving the retro overlay look; can't wait to see/hear more about the game.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 AM
iPhone 4

Hi Anoon,

your coming game seems to be very promising. We are from Bulkypix, iOS Android publisher. We will be happy to discuss any publishing opportunity with you.
Please contact us : axel.duchmann@bulkypix.com
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the interest guys! Development of the game has taken a back seat this week as I have been working on the business end of all this. But as soon as I have more to share, I will return here and post it up!

There's a lot planned for Castle Breakers. The core of the game is implemented and playable, thought not yet ready for public consumption. There's still a good deal of tuning and polish, as well as creating interesting and fun levels to play.

In the meantime, you can keep up to date on Castle Breakers by giving Black Black Beast, LLC a like on Facebook or checking my devblog over at http://www.alannoon.com

Please hang tight! I'll be back ASAP!

Axel, I sent you a reply via email. Thank you for reaching out!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Wow!

I am really looking forward to this! I would love to be on the testing team!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Copy and paste from my devblog:

What a crazy week! After interacting with a load of new followers thanks to last weeks Screenshot Saturday, filing the paperwork to start Black Black Beast, LLC, domain name searches and purchases, launching this devblog, building websites and facebook pages, opening bank accounts for the business, and trying to show attention to the couple of forum postings about the game I have going, there wasn’t any time for actually working on Castle Breakers directly.

I did manage to put together a logo treatment however, which you see above.

I quickly did a low res title in Photoshop with the font tool set to no antialiasing. I generated an outline and saved that as a seperate file so the two elements were in two different images. Those two files were then imported into Qubicle Constructor, where I cleaned up the unneeded voxels and extruded the form to give it some depth. These two voxel models were then exported and brought into 3dsmax, where I optimized and cleaned up the geometry, created materials, lit, and then rendered with Mental Ray. I rendered out the model in one pass, and the glare in another. Then it was back into Photoshop where I applied the black outline to the model, tweaked levels and color, and composited the glare back over the top. TA-DA.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This looks really cool. I really love how it's a block-breaker from the viewpoint of a third-person shooter.