★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Deltoid Released!

12-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Deltoid Released!

Hi Everyone,

Ive been browsing the forum for quite a while now but this is my first post (ive been busy working on Deltoid )

Deltoid is a 2D shooter using the well known asteroids theme, you use the accelerometer to control the ship while trying to fend off the shapes flying towards you.

There are 2 modes, "normal" and "retro", each with its own style and sounds.

Here is a video of it in ACTION

And an App Store LINK

Any feedback etc would be great!

Last edited by Dell; 12-11-2008 at 12:21 PM.
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll get your app and post a review.

Cheers!
Bill.
ALL VECTORS ON.
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Well, from seeing the vid, I thought the ship was a bit slow is this for better control or will an update make its turns sharper and faster?

Anyway, the main problem isn't in the app itself. It's that you have too much competition with these types of games and the only way to stand out from that crowd is to come up with an update that will make the buyer choose it over 2019 or other similar games

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks networkman Couldnt have hoped for a better first reply

Hi pablo19, I can see from the video why you get that impression, I think the fact that it was being played while watching through the camera didnt do me any favours lol.

At the moment the app turns and moves faster the more you tilt the device, im already working on an update so could easily tweak both if people prefer it that way.

Your right about the competition, for quite a while during development I couldn't see anything that similar, however the last few weeks have seen some similar releases. Ive still got a lot of ideas to put into Deltoid so hopefully with some feedback from you guys we'll have that update

Thanks again.