Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-30-2013, 05:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Baby Nom Nom from Playrise Digital [Universal]

Hi folks of TA Forums, its Playrise Digital back again, but with something completely different from Table Top Racing (which is a dollar by the way)

Introducing "Baby Nom Nom" on sale on the app store (Universal Build) for 1.99/$2.99/2.49 on Thursday the 1st off August. THIS WEEK! So what's it all about?

be sure to set your video to 1080p if you have the bandwidth - youtube defaults to low-resolution.

Well, Baby Nom Nom is a unique physics puzzle game where the aim of the game is to get 500 grains of rice out of a rotating maze and into the Baby Nom Nom's bowl. Sounds simple enough doesn't it. If you're having trouble visualising it - check out our new Youtube Channel and have a quick look. (This is an early look BTW, the "marketing" campaign doesn't start until later on today so you guys will be first - as you were with TTR)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayriseDigital

You can also download the promo video at 1080p here
http://www.filedropper.com/mi1458bab...ooutnowfinalv2

One of the new things we are doing with Baby Nom Nom is that we are going to be donating a healthy slice of the net revenues to a great children's charity - SOS Children's Villages. This organisation provides secure homes for orphaned and abandoned children all over the world and we think it's a great cause. The charity tracking page is here: Might take a little while to update on the donation as apple don't pay us until 45 days after launch.

https://playmob.com/games/babynomnom

I know paid apps are not the rage at the moment on the app store, but this seemed like a decent option so we could guarantee a donation. You guys have seen how hard it is to get noticed amongst the 900,000 apps on the apps store so we're reaching out directly for support on this little mission to help some young folk who live under less fortunate circumstances than ourselves.

The hand drawn artwork and animations have been done by one guy - his name is Mick Harrison - great cartoonist and one of the funniest guys I know - here is his blog: http://mickcartoons.blogspot.fr/

The whole thing was programmed from scratch by Jason Denton who used to work at Bizarre Creations (before Activition blew it up). He's managed to keep to our 60hz gameplay standard again (despite the challenges of the maths involved) and so the experience should be nice and slick.

The level design has been done by a guy called Paul Hilton - friend of mine and a good guy all round.

The wonderfully catchy music and all the audio was done by Chris Chudley - the same guy behind the Music for Table Top Racing.

We've kept our bills down to a minimum to make sure we can give as much back as possible and I hope you guys like the game and support us publicly. Tweet it: #BabyNomNom - Facebook it - do what you can to help spread the word - Playrise as an Indie developer and publisher appreciates all the community support we can get.

It's definitely a more casual game experience (compared to TTR anyway) to start with - single finger, touch screen gameplay etc, but I bet none of you get 100% rice, all the fruit and three stars on all 36 levels for some time. Its tough towards the end and you've got to start thinking differently to get it right. I hope you enjoy the challenge. "Challenge Accepted" - I can hear it now

Once again - thanks to everyone on Touch Arcade for the support on Table Top Racing - we have over a million downloads (albieit many of them free) and we have an update in the pipeline to hopefully change it to a free app but still generate some revenue for us....developers gotta eat too ya know

IMPORTANT NOTE - Baby Nom Nom is for iPhone 4S and above, iPod 5th gen and iPad 2 and above only. Those earlier devices don't have processors that can cope with the physics involved.

Have a great week and I'll keep you posted on how the launch went.

Nick Burcombe
CEO, Playrise Digital
http://www.playrisedigital.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Playrise

Last edited by nburcombe; 08-16-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Seems Nice!I will buy it
Old 07-30-2013, 05:21 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameboy View Post
Seems Nice!I will buy it
That's a great start and much appreciated
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default PROMO CODE two days early for one TA forum poster

Complete this sentence.....

"I want to play Baby Nom Nom two days before anyone else gets it because....."

From the list of responses we'll pick the best/funniest/most inspired and send you a promo code for free!!

Nick
Old 07-30-2013, 07:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Nice, as a big fan of TTR, I shall look forward to it

I want to play Baby Nom Nom two days before anyone else gets it because as a teenager, there are times when my maturity is like a baby, and I go nom nom a lot of the time, so it is like this game was made for me
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I'm in
I want to play Baby Nom Nom two days before anyone else gets it because if it's not me getting that axis of revolution lubricated, then who will?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks pretty cool.
And increasingly more complex levels from those screenshots.
The 4th and 6th screenshots look like their taken from the most complex spacial awareness aptitude test I've ever had to do. Which still gives me nightmares and frustrates me.

Best of luck with it. A very noteworthy cause. And a very generous and noteworthy act by a developer.

The hand drawn artwork is very nice I must say.

I'll be here for the day trying to visualise out how to get all that rice down in the last screenshot. Challenge well and truly accepted.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Awesome so far guys. Appreciate the support and interest.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Well we have a winner so I'll pm you the code now Thanks for those who wrote something and I hope some of you who just passed by check our game out.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:01 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is an awesome game, super awesome! I was a beta tester and I think this is coming out on August 1st!

Baby nom nom!

Woohooooo!

This is a great game, a must buy. He is the dev who made Tabletop racing.

Very highly recommended!