Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Lub vs Dub [Universal] - Out now!

Hey - we're very proud to announce our first indie game Lub vs Dub has hit App Store worldwide, for iPad and iPhone (Universal)

TRAILER: http://vimeo.com/wearefuturo/lubvsdub

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Lub vs Dub: A 2 player game with a lot of hearts!

Lub vs Dub is an award-winning competitive 'infinite runner' with a twist - two players run at the same time, on the same device! Run, Jump and Flip around either side of the central ECG line, collecting hearts and using power-ups to boost your performance, and hinder your opponents!

Winner of several ‘Best Game’ and ‘Best Tech’ awards at 2013’s Scottish Game Jam, Lub vs Dub merges the simplicity of infinite running, with the competitive battles of racing games in a slick, minimalist, heart-beat themed world. All of this on one device where both players hold the iPad between them and battle it out in real time.

And if face to face competition isn’t your thing (or you just want to practice on your own) there is a full featured single player mode with it’s own gameplay style, power-ups, leaderboards and achievements.

Features:
  • Frantic & fun 2-player competitive battles - on the same device!
  • Single Player Mode - full featured game mode with unique gameplay!
  • Slick, fast, and gorgeous minimalistic Retina Ready graphics!
  • Universal Binary - play the game on your phone or iPad!
  • GameCenter - Leaderboards to climb and Achievements to earn!

“a ridiculously solid, polished and complete entry... a triumph of game design” - Calm Down Tom

“a unique, minimalist endless runner” - Gamezebo

Here are some free codes! (Please post if you took one!)

TWN73HFE779X
A6WX69NYHTMH

Let me know what you think, and whilst it has a pretty robust single player - please give the 2 player a try with a friend/family member/cat, thats the award winning bit!

Last edited by Echoseven; 07-31-2013 at 03:48 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

A6WX69NYHTMH redeemed. Thanks! Can't promise I'll be able to try out the 2 player mode right now, but you can bet I'll post some impressions in a little bit.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Enjoy!

(mods: not sure why moved to iPhone/iPod when its a universal? It's best enjoyed on the pad )
Old 07-30-2013, 05:34 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by allornothingJM View Post
Enjoy!

(mods: not sure why moved to iPhone/iPod when its a universal? It's best enjoyed on the pad )
Thanks.

About moving the thread: Even though nothing's in concrete, normally when apps are universal, threads are made in the iPhone/iPod touch section. Games with threads that are only in the iPad section are usually considered iPad Only. Plus, you'll get much more exposure here.

That said, since this indeed a universal title, you're entirely free to create a second thread (that won't replace this) in the iPad section if you want to.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Damn it, can't use the code because of the bad internet connection

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 07-30-2013 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Added appinfo
Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Only played single player so far absolutely love it. Very well made and executed. Style-wise (not gameplay-wise) like PUK and Bitless.
This is a proper high score runner which takes skill, precision and some luck (and no IAPs). Would be great to see the leaderboard swell.
I'm Off on holiday next week and this'll replace OLO to play with my kidz on 2 player. Absolute peach of a game. Hope it does well.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Reminds me that I'd love to see Vib Ribbon on iOS. Russian Dancing Men is fundamentally the same game, but I'd still love to see the original VR.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I love this "clean" art style I played it and it is a really nice endless game. If you like games as Super Hexagon, then it is a good choice.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:33 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Reminds me that I'd love to see Vib Ribbon on iOS. Russian Dancing Men is fundamentally the same game, but I'd still love to see the original VR.

What in the name of...

Off to Google..
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

While the single player mode in itself is challenging, reaction-testing, heart-rate increasing fun, I made the mistake of checking out the 2 player mode by myself and cannot wait until I play this with my girlfriend. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if you own an iPad and are into side-scrolling endless runners, you have to own this. This and Canabalt. That's it. While I do love a lot of other endless runners, these are the bare necessities. Canabalt for that (still) unparallelled experience and this to scratch that multiplayer itch. It's seriously that good.

Other than that, what I want to say can't be said any better than the above mentioned quote. So I'm posting it here again and shutting up:

“a ridiculously solid, polished and complete entry... a triumph of game design” - Calm Down Tom

This just came out of nowhere and (no pun intended) stole my heart. What a stupid bargain for a dollar without IAPs! Highly, highly recommended.