Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Police Patrol Game - out now! (iPhone)

Hey all!

Police Patrol Game is finally released today for iOS!

About the Game

“Police Patrol Game” is a racing and action-oriented adventure game that features Ofc. Chris Kopp as the main character. Chris’s goal is to patrol the streets and ensure that the good citizens stay on the right side of the law.

Graphically, the game is similar to early Grand Theft Auto games (GTA1 & GTA2), and has a top down perspective. The gameplay consists of high-speed chases, arrests, gunfights, and of patrol duty.

Key Features

★ dispatcher missions
★ pull over any non-emergency vehicle
★ gunfights
★ high-speed chases
★ 5 different cop cars (unlocked as player gains rank)
★ 7 different weapons (unlocked as player gains rank)

Official Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Appinfo

Get out there and patrol the streets!

For more information:
https://twitter.com/PolicePatrolGam
http://www.policepatrolgame.com
https://www.facebook.com/PolicePatrolGame

Last edited by eriihine; 01-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: youtube link updated
Old 07-31-2013, 02:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Interesting, but I really wonder how is the gameplay
Old 07-31-2013, 03:09 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I remember this from Upcoming. Unfortunately I got my $$ reserved and games decided, so I can't get this yet. Waiting for impressions
Old 07-31-2013, 04:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Was not expecting this.
To release today that is.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Think i'll take one for the team and get this shortly.

Reminds me of an updated A.P.B (Classic old arcade game). The controls look decent, variety of missions, hope it lives up to the promise
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well just bought it. Had a quick go, when you're on foot you control the guy with the joystick bottom left (normal) (Screenshot 3 of 5)

However when you get in a car (Screenshot 2 of 5) the controls are reversed. You steer with the buttons in the bottom right hand corner and accelerate in the bottom left.

I bought it thinking 'must be an option to invert the controls' but nope.

Very strange decision to do this when 99.9% of other games always have movement controls bottom left and shoot etc bottom right. I probably wont play it much more as it feels weird having these controls from what i'm used to

Really really hope the dev changes this
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

Very strange decision to do this when 99.9% of other games always have movement controls bottom left and shoot etc bottom right. I probably wont play it much more as it feels weird having these controls from what i'm used to

First of all, thanks for trying out the game & thanks for the feedback.

I'll add an option the invert the controls in next update.

For me, it felt more natural to have the movement controls on the right (as movement requires more precision) and acceleration/deceleration on the left, but this is easy to change and i'll add on option to invert the controls.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well just bought it. Had a quick go, when you're on foot you control the guy with the joystick bottom left (normal) (Screenshot 3 of 5)

However when you get in a car (Screenshot 2 of 5) the controls are reversed. You steer with the buttons in the bottom right hand corner and accelerate in the bottom left.

Thank you for telling us about it, yes it does sound weird to inverse the control. How is the game overall? Many missions and possibility or very shallow? I fear having to do the same thing over and over again.
The game isn't beautiful at all, but if the gameplay and the story line are good, then it doesn't really matter, just like Super Star Soccer, it's ugly as hell, but it's one of the best game on app store
Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Thank you for telling us about it, yes it does sound weird to inverse the control. How is the game overall? Many missions and possibility or very shallow? I fear having to do the same thing over and over again.
The game isn't beautiful at all, but if the gameplay and the story line are good, then it doesn't really matter, just like Super Star Soccer, it's ugly as hell, but it's one of the best game on app store
I dont think the graphics are that bad at all. If the guy had a huge project team behind him and a huge budget they may be better but i like the 'indie' style of this one as it seems to be a one-man band. I'll play much more later, initial impressions are positive, specially when the devs talking about an invert control button...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriihine View Post
First of all, thanks for trying out the game & thanks for the feedback.

I'll add an option the invert the controls in next update.

For me, it felt more natural to have the movement controls on the right (as movement requires more precision) and acceleration/deceleration on the left, but this is easy to change and i'll add on option to invert the controls.
Thanks i appreciate it. I get your thinking, its just soooo many games just have the controls in the bottom left to move and shoot on the right so i've just got used to that over time.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

@djstout At the moment, the game consists of three main missions + the random traffic stops. So I guess, you could consider the game a bit shallow. The goal, however, is to keep adding content and missions over the coming months.