App description: ***Named Editor's Choice in the iOS App Store!

Dropchord is a music-driven, score challenge game with mesmerizing visuals and an original electronic soundtrack! Influenced by music visualizers and score attack arcade games, Dropchord is an original experience that'll test your dexterity while providing endless fun!

* Use your fingers to manipulate a beam crossing the extent of a circle. Dodge scratches while you collect notes to progress to the next track!
* Ten original, full length electronic tracks stream seamlessly to create an endless DJ set!
* "Standard Mode" challenges you to a level-based experience, introducing new game mechanics as the music progresses!
* "Full Mix Mode" provides an endless experience with a steadily increasing difficultly!
* Global and Local Leaderboards save your high scores for competition with your friends and younger self!

Do your fingers and ears a favor-- get Dropchord today!!

Sanuku's comments:

07-31-2013, 05:41 AM
Gameplay is still unclear, but the lights are pretty. Instabuy!

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 07-31-2013 at 01:54 PM.

07-31-2013, 06:17 AM
i'll wait for a video tutorial...i'm a rhythm'n game lover but i'm not sure
if i like the mechanic of this one...
07-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Totally buying this tonight as I'm trying to complete all of Double Fine's games during 2013. I assume it has Game Center achievements (the project lead at DF assured me it did, but I'm keen to see the list for myself)?
07-31-2013, 07:14 AM
I have no idea what I've seen... I'm waiting for the video, but looks like odd and strange bring awesomeness...

Game Center ID: copaeci
07-31-2013, 07:26 AM
Just FYI if you're interested in the music, all of them are already available for download on iTunes.
07-31-2013, 07:31 AM
Double Fine

I just watched a video on Kotaku yesterday of Mike Fahey playing Dropcord on the Leap Motion controller and it was pretty badass.

Not sure how it'll work on the ipad.

Check it out at the 2 minute mark.

http://kotaku.com/if-theres-a-future...-thi-952198019
07-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
Not sure how it'll work on the ipad.
Based on the video you posted, i think you'll be touching where you instead point.

Doesnt look like a rhythm game at all. Kinda disappointed, but im probably gon get this still. Been eyeing this for a while now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Yeah the thing I hate about this design is that your hand will be covering the entire screen! It looks like a pretty cool game with intense music and visuals but damned if we can enjoy them!
07-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
I have no idea what I've seen... I'm waiting for the video, but looks like odd and strange bring awesomeness...
Yep, this. ??????????????