Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 AM

Default First Person Tennis 2 - (by Michele Laurello) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 97.1 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 6.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Tennis in first person.

First Person Tennis 2™ is the first videogame in the world developed only with a first person perspective to give you a realism ever seen.

* CHARACTERISTICS: Explode your top spins, forehands, backhands and try to win one of the tournaments. Choose how many sets to play in a match and select the difficulty level. Calibrate your shots and feel the sensation to hit a winner on a tennis court. Feel the power of your shots by vibration; trail effect will make your shots more spectacular!

* TOUR MODE: Try to become the World’s Number 1 playing all 13 real tournaments and breaking your personal records!

* EXHIBITION MODE: Choose a court and play an instant match.

* INTUITIVE CONTROLS: Swipe controls or virtual joypad.

* 5 DIFFERENT COURTS: Grass, Clay, Carpet, Hard, Indoor. Each one with a different bounce!

For any suggestion contact us at: firstpersontennis@gmail.com
Your suggestions will be soon applied. Help us to reach a really incredible realism!
iPhone Screenshots

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-31-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM

So is it first or third person and how does it control?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
So is it first or third person and how does it control?
I would assume you get to choose.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Is this any good? Nothing really posted here. Love tennis especially virtua tennis, but guess no activity here is a bad thing.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Now I'm not a big tennis fan at all, and after a short go at it, I was gonna write some impressions here, but I'm actually glad I spent a little more time with it before doing so. I really like this game! It's got that real satisfying sound when you hit the ball. Controls at first were a tad frustrating to me, but then I figured it out and could appreciate what the dev was doing here. For a serve, you use the left side of the screen to swipe up or down to make a drop shot or a lob and the right side to swipe to control the direction you wanna hit it. After that, when you're volleying, the left side is for player movement. I kinda felt like as I was moving to the ball I'd get turned around too much, but realized that moving toward the ball and making my decision where to hit it needs to be done fast because the slower you react, the less power you have, making you hit the net and the ball not making it to the other side. You really don't have time to look at the power meter as you play. The controls I guess you'd consider third party, as you're transparent (think Punch Out games) facing forward like that. Don't know if there's any other mode for that. Wish there were different player celebrations other than the one fist pump, too. So far, what I've seen, it seems like a solid game and I keep getting better as I go which is good. Little learning curve, but in the end I can recommend this easily.

Last edited by bigrand1; 08-02-2013 at 01:47 PM..
Old 08-05-2013, 01:04 AM

Default Game Impressions

I really enjoy this tennis game and its fun to play with swipe controls. Sure its a true Tennis Simulation and its the most fun tennis game I have played in a long time.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

There is a free version available for the original game, and is a very good guide to whether you will like this one as both are very similar.

The main attraction this sequel has is its swipe mode; unfortunately the swipe mode is broken, as the direction you swipe in does not affect the trajectory of the ball; rather it is still controlled by the movement direction of your player. The non-swipe controls work as well as they do in the original game though, and after a little getting used to make for a pretty fun experience.

EDIT: Evidently, the game has a handful of other issues as well, such as not saving your preferences and (more seriously) match progress, and on one occasion a weird glitch that made my player face in the wrong direction, requiring a fresh restart. Difficult to recommend this on the whole really, despite solid gameplay roots underneath.

Last edited by Gabrien; 08-05-2013 at 03:31 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
There is a free version available for the original game, and is a very good guide to whether you will like this one as both are very similar.

The main attraction this sequel has is its swipe mode; unfortunately the swipe mode is broken, as the direction you swipe in does not affect the trajectory of the ball; rather it is still controlled by the movement direction of your player. The non-swipe controls work as well as they do in the original game though, and after a little getting used to make for a pretty fun experience.

EDIT: Evidently, the game has a handful of other issues as well, such as not saving your preferences and (more seriously) match progress, and on one occasion a weird glitch that made my player face in the wrong direction, requiring a fresh restart. Difficult to recommend this on the whole really, despite solid gameplay roots underneath.
The swipe controls the player movement and, when he is near the ball, it controls the ball direction. The free version is available only for Android version at the moment. In the full version there is auto-save after each match.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:18 AM

Indiegogo project

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fi...is-2/x/2990022
Old 08-15-2013, 03:06 AM

Version 1.5!