Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-31-2013, 07:52 AM

Default Paradox Factor - (by Hosted Games) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 10.2 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
What would you change? Alter your past and future in this thought-provoking and edgy time travel game. Are you willing to live with the effects that your changes may cause?

Play as a man or a woman as you travel through time in this thought-provoking and edgy time travel game. Are you willing to live with the effects that your changes may cause?
iPhone Screenshots

Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM

This is still not available on the US or UK store
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachinglis View Post
This is still not available on the US or UK store
It won't be on the US store until 8pm PST
Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ah, yes. The old ChoiceScript RPG. I remember when the Hosted Games (Freelance authors who publish their games unded Choice of Games) offered all of their titles at no charge, as they were just trying to gain some recognition as writers. While I'm glad the market has developed enough to accommodate premium titles, I still miss the time when I could try all of the ChoiceScript titles for free. Now I feel hesitant to make any budget for a genre with such limited replayability.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:38 AM

Default Honest question

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Stubb View Post
Now I feel hesitant to make any budget for a genre with such limited replayability.
Honest question: would you pay $4.99 for a game that had such great replayability that you could play five times through?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Stubb View Post
Ah, yes. The old ChoiceScript RPG. I remember when the Hosted Games (Freelance authors who publish their games unded Choice of Games) offered all of their titles at no charge, as they were just trying to gain some recognition as writers. While I'm glad the market has developed enough to accommodate premium titles, I still miss the time when I could try all of the ChoiceScript titles for free. Now I feel hesitant to make any budget for a genre with such limited replayability.
How often do you read through a CYOA book? A book that is easily $5 new, $0.50 used (unless we are talking about Sworcery and that's a whole other story) and chances are it's not going to be as good as this.

They didn't offer all their titles for free, just the handful they had available at the time. They, like Tin Man Games, provide top quality titles.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:30 AM

I enjoyed this - played quite a way into it when it was released last night...

Then I just tried it and it has cleared my progress. I'm back at the beginning today, everything lost.

Deleted.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alang View Post
Honest question: would you pay $4.99 for a game that had such great replayability that you could play five times through?
Just my opinion here:

It's not how many times I can run through the same content over and over and still feel satisfied while I'm playing through it; it's how much the game still has to offer after the credits roll. For example, Mirror's Edge HD has a great campaign mode that's good for a few hours, but also has Time Trial and same-device Multiplayer that I -still- use. Hunters 2 is another great example, (which happens to cost exactly $4.99 USD) with it's short campaign but also daily -new- side missions. Heck, Warhammer quest follows the same formula, and I spent $4.99 on that one too! (I still can't play it though due to the memory leak it has in 4th gens.) So, to answer your question, there have been certain games that I spent $4.99 on mainly for the replayability factor. (They turned out to be pretty fun, too.) I hope you find my honest opinion suffices to answer your honest question.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'm surprised this one didn't get more love and attention from the forum. Really cool choose your own adventure / change mechanic. Good story. Well told. Really enjoyed it.