★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nano Fighter or Occurro?

View Poll Results: Which is Better?
Nano Fighter 11 57.89%
Occurro 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
07-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Nano Fighter or Occurro?

Which is more enjoyable and contains the most longevity?
If you have one, is the other still worth it?
07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I've been playing Nano Fighter for some time, and got Occurro today, here's my take on the two of them:

Both games have good graphics and sound.

I have noticed sound clipping in Occurro when you have the upgraded shot and there are many enemies on screen.

Both games play in Landscape mode with the home button on the right.

Both games have online scoring - Occurro's has location based scoring, but also has adds.

I still think that Nano Fighter has the smoothest controls of any twin-stick fighter, hands down.

I wish Occurro had a "fixed" dual-stick control.

Occurro does have a well implemented tilt to move control, and does have variable ship speed based on how far you move your thumb from center.

Occurro feels more like Geometry Wars, i.e. it's got a box you play in, whereas Nano Fighter is completely open.

Occurro forces you to move by recharging your shots as you move. Anybody who has played Nano Fighter knows that if you don't move, you're dead already so it's basically got the same thing.

Nano Fighter has the option to start at later levels once you've reached them.

Occurro has a built-in flashlight and srobelight.

I would recommend both games for $0.99 for fans of the genre, they're quite different games from each other.

I'll have to spend more time with Occurro, but for now I like Nano Fighter better.

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!

07-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd recommend Nano Fighter as well, if you're looking for a closed-arena type of shooter like Occurro, I think I would recommend either Isotope or Light Wars before Occurro. It's a nice game though, I don't regret buying it.
07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to fluffyguitarist

It beats both occuro and nano fighter
07-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Isotope sure does beat both of those but I still like light wars for the simplicity of it.
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
@fluffyguitarist & The_Running_Man

I agree completely, but that isn't what he asked in this thread!

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
well if I had to pick between Nano Fighter and Occurro I'd probably go with Nano Fighter.
07-24-2009, 04:58 PM
isotope beats both
07-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by JoshC. View Post
Nano Fighter or Occurro?
Josh, check your PMs. I vote for Occurro! - but then again, I wrote it.
07-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I have Isotope, Nano, and CS.one but Occurro is the only one I didn't get yet -- though Touch Arcade gave it a really nice review I don't know what I am waiting for.