★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Flexis?

12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Flexis?

Has anyone tried it? Looks like a decent Tetris clone with physics, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to pay $5 for it yet.
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
It has indeed some interesting features but I'm not that impressed right now.

Sometimes I stop moving tiles and the game physics seems to play better than me!

Anyway I've just played once but 8 levels at least.
12-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I have to agree with carlos. The game basically plays itself and when a chain doesn't happen I just swiped my finger and the physics bounced things around to make another chain.

The play area is also very small and fills up far too fast. I'd pass until the game got a serious price drop
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
It has indeed some interesting features but I'm not that impressed right now.

Sometimes I stop moving tiles and the game physics seems to play better than me!

Anyway I've just played once but 8 levels at least.
REVIVE LONG DEAD THREAD, REVIVE!

This game doesn't look half bad to me but, with my impeccable timing, I starting looking into it AFTER it recently took a big jump back up in price again.

First there is this video of the actual gameplay:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Then factor in that I LOVED the PC/Mac game, Triptych

So am I missing something, it looks kind of fun?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 06-01-2009 at 05:58 PM.
06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I've had this game for a while, but it's been twice removed from my device already, and I'm not sure it will ever make its way back on.

The comments above are spot on. The game plays itself more often than not. The control mechanism just didn't make for a fun game. Overall, it seemed like a cool idea that just wasn't executed well.
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Yeah, I've had this game for a while, but it's been twice removed from my device already, and I'm not sure it will ever make its way back on.

The comments above are spot on. The game plays itself more often than not. The control mechanism just didn't make for a fun game. Overall, it seemed like a cool idea that just wasn't executed well.
I know others have brought up Touch and Go as an alternative but it doesn't quite do it for me.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews