★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pin War (Bulkypix,pinball) on sale for .99

08-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Pin War (Bulkypix,pinball) on sale for .99

First sale I believe. Just bought it. Wish you couls share tables; aside from that, great fun for a buck.
08-05-2013, 09:35 AM
bought!

08-05-2013, 09:38 AM
This game is awesome. Super under appreciated.
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Very recommended! I have it since the very day when it came out and it's a great addition to my huge iOS pinball collection. I am still playing it from time to time with co-workers when we have some time to kill.

Very interesting main thread. That's why I love touchArcade. See how the dev kicks in and follows hints provided by the community (still no self-made table up/download anyway). Get some precious tips about the special physics (mind the "hilly" tables—balls accelerate to the end of the flippers).

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
08-05-2013, 11:10 AM
sure

we need more good pinballs, sure will get with GE
08-05-2013, 11:24 AM
I am a (virtual) pinball addict.Never been a fan of the real thing for two reasons: in my arcade-goimg days, pinball always cost more to play than arcade games; also, the machines were designed to steal your money.

Last edited by Greyskull; 08-05-2013 at 01:59 PM.
08-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Fun game - better with 2 players/iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-06-2013, 01:50 AM
It seems to be nice. I wonder why is it 0.99 euros, and not 0.89 euros, if it's 0.99 dollars?

Sorry for my bad english.
08-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepelutin View Post
It seems to be nice. I wonder why is it 0.99 euros, and not 0.89 euros, if it's 0.99 dollars?
Some devs decided to translate 0.99 US$ to 0.99 € because since some weeks they can set the Euro prices more freely. That's an annoyance on principle but I won't go to the barricades or start a new world war because of those ten Eurocents.

Okay. The true difference is 24 Eurocents (or 32 Dollarcents) because $0.99 is €0.75 according to
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/

The fixed tier was $.99 —> €.79 for a long time, devs could't change that and everybody was happy. In 2012 Apple rose the tier to €.89—the first part of the annoyance but "somehow acceptable" (maybe even not). And now THAT! I am really privileged to pay 32.32 % more than US. That's NOT okay, Apple + devs! The interesting and strange fact is that some (or most?) of those "evil" devs are located in Europe. Listen, Algoriddim!

Theoretically you could create an US iTunes account, buy some $ gift cards @ eBay and get the apps via the US account. But for me personally that is too much hassle because I would have to switch the accounts for each universal app update on iPad, iPhone and Mac.

US residents should be even more happy because they can always get a $1.18 app (or $1.31 app if it's €.99) for $.99 if they view it through the "€ glasses". A permanent sale of all of the cheap apps so to speak…

A nice Europe-wide (plus friends) iTunes boycott for one day would be an appropriate hint for Apple + devs I think. Or for one day each month or week until they change that discriminating behavior. Maybe I'll forward this posting to some important financial mags and mainstream media here in Europe.

Let's start a black list:

Apple
Bulkypix
Prank Ltd.
Algoriddim

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 08-06-2013 at 03:33 AM.
08-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Some devs decided to translate 0.99 US$ to 0.99 € because since some weeks they can set the Euro prices more freely. That's an annoyance on principle but I won't go to the barricades or start a new world war because of those ten Eurocents.

Okay. The true difference is 24 Eurocents (or 32 Dollarcents) because $0.99 is €0.75 according to
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/

The fixed tier was $.99 —> €.79 for a long time, devs could't change that and everybody was happy. In 2012 Apple rose the tier to €.89—the first part of the annoyance but "somehow acceptable" (maybe even not). And now THAT! I am really privileged to pay 32.32 % more than US. That's NOT okay, Apple + devs! The interesting and strange fact is that some (or most?) of those "evil" devs are located in Europe. Listen, Algoriddim!

Theoretically you could create an US iTunes account, buy some $ gift cards @ eBay and get the apps via the US account. But for me personally that is too much hassle because I would have to switch the accounts for each universal app update on iPad, iPhone and Mac.

US residents should be even more happy because they can always get a $1.18 app (or $1.31 app if it's €.99) for $.99 if they view it through the "€ glasses". A permanent sale of all of the cheap apps so to speak…

A nice Europe-wide (plus friends) iTunes boycott for one day would be an appropriate hint for Apple + devs I think. Or for one day each month or week until they change that discriminating behavior. Maybe I'll forward this posting to some important financial mags and mainstream media here in Europe.

Let's start a black list:

Apple
Bulkypix
Prank Ltd.
Algoriddim
That's what i thought... Thanks a lot for the info. I'm not able to express myself correctly in english, but thanks a lot for telling us. How can they do that? It makes me feeling i'm a dumb if i buy. Not because of 24 cents, for sure, but because it's really not logical.

I'll pass this one, and all the others with that price.

Sorry for my bad english.