★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why are so many iphone games so kiddish??

07-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Why are so many iphone games so kiddish??

Don't get me wrong I love my iphone games, they're great but why do so many of these games have to be directed towards kids? Peggle, rolando, castle of magic... all great games but where are the games directed to more of an adult audience or at least a teen audience?? I don't understand why so many games seem to be directed towards kids, I wouldn't think too many kids could afford an iphone... Sorry but I want to see more adult type games like gears of war or something of that nature...
07-24-2009, 08:39 PM
? most video games arent based for adualts ahahaha
but u say most kids cant afford iphones, its called parents
ud be suprised how many KIDS have iphones/itouches
where i live atleast 50% of the kids at my school have an ipod touch or iphone

Playing: Real Racing, Worms, Wolfenstein RPG, Rolando 2, Minigore, Rise of the Lost Empires, Pipe Mania, Sway.

07-24-2009, 08:45 PM
up until just recently, devs were afraid of spending money developing an adult themed game then getting it rejected by apple.
07-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Um most successful video games are based for adults - halo, call of duty, prototype, gears of war.... And I live in the richest place in the U.S and yes there are a few kids who have them but the majority is teenagers and adults
07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
up until just recently, devs were afraid of spending money developing an adult themed game then getting it rejected by apple.
I don't really understand why apple would reject any adult themed games, since they have several r rated movies for sale... even some unrated
07-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt09 View Post
Um most successful video games are based for adults - halo, call of duty, prototype, gears of war.... And I live in the richest place in the U.S and yes there are a few kids who have them but the majority is teenagers and adults
im pretty sure x-box is based on teenagers not adults and most iphone games are made for teenagers not kids

Playing: Real Racing, Worms, Wolfenstein RPG, Rolando 2, Minigore, Rise of the Lost Empires, Pipe Mania, Sway.
07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combzzz View Post
im pretty sure x-box is based on teenagers not adults and most iphone games are made for teenagers not kids
No actually the most ppl who buy xbox games are college students up to guys in there thirties... that's the base everyone is trying to get
07-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Kiddish games appeal to the masses, from 5 year olds to 90 year olds. Teen to mature games would definitely do substantially well in the AppStore, but lets face it, along with the fact that Apple is anal about every little thing, blood and gore would look kinda stupid with the amount of processing power currently available. 3G-S wise, it'd look really good, but now, it'd look slightly more violent than Frogger.
07-24-2009, 09:05 PM
well i would consider those people adults that need a life

07-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt09 View Post
How are you basing success? If you're basing it on sales figures, I suggest you go check out the sales figures for the Wii and it's "kiddish" games. I'm willing to be that the sales for some of those "kiddish" games (e.g., Mario Party, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario...anything) blows the doors off of any of those games listed above.

Regardless, who cares. I don't. And I don't see how Rolando and Peggle are "kiddish". I'm fairly certain that as many adults (if not more) enjoy those games as young kids do. I know I do.