★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Headphones

07-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Best Headphones

I just bought a pair of skullcandy earphones for 45dollars and I wanted to know if I made a good choice. Can you tell me what you think are the best earphones for a reasonable price?
Sorry if this is the wrong thread

Edit: Are they better than Scosche headphones for 40 bucks because I almost bought those instead. Also, has anybody ever heard of Radius Atomic Bass.

Last edited by drswisher23; 07-25-2009 at 07:30 AM.
07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Amazon has pretty good deals on Sennheiser earbuds, and after having tried them out, I gotta admit, they're the best. $50 down to $35, I think, not bad. I got a pair of the Smokin' Buds for $30, while they're not bad or anything, they're nothing to call home about.

07-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drswisher23 View Post
I just bought a pair of skullcandy earphones for 45dollars and I wanted to know if I made a good choice. Can you tell me what you think are the best earphones for a reasonable price?
Sorry if this is the wrong thread
skullcandy is probably the worst choice u could have made
have had over 7 pairs of skull candy head phones and all of them have broken even the expensive, my brother has also expirienced this

Playing: Real Racing, Worms, Wolfenstein RPG, Rolando 2, Minigore, Rise of the Lost Empires, Pipe Mania, Sway.
07-24-2009, 09:01 PM
skullcandy is the best...other than beats by dre. im a rapper, believe me, you made a very good choice.

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
07-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Over-the-ear: Sennheiser and Grado (I love my SR60s) make very good quality cans that are more expensive than the average, but reasonably priced for what you get.

For in-ear monitors, Shure make great ones, but go for the SE310s if you can. The 210s are okay, and the 110s are passable for casual listening, but the 310s are where they start sounding really sweet. Sennheiser also make nice IEMs.

I've never been particularly impressed by Skullcandy. I looked into the Beats by Dr. Dre cans recently but was left a little underwhelmed by the range, and I won't buy anything with active noise cancellation. I've yet to hear a pair that didn't introduce artifacts into the audio in noisy situations.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 07-24-2009 at 09:07 PM.
07-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I real am enjoying my Skullcandy Skullcrushers headphones with the built in battery powered amplifier. I have never used any skullcandy ear buds, however, but id imagine with proper care they would last a while. What pair did you buy, in ear? just search the specs on google if your interested in the quality of your headphones. Enjoy!
07-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I love my sennheiser on ear headphones. I got them for $37 through amazon. Very light, very portable, collapsable, and pretty good bass. Definitely better than I expected. Also, the koss porta pro headphones are good if you can stand the super retro design.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
07-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
I love my sennheiser on ear headphones. I got them for $37 through amazon. Very light, very portable, collapsable, and pretty good bass. Definitely better than I expected. Also, the koss porta pro headphones are good if you can stand the super retro design.
I loved the PortaPros back in the 90s -- far better than Koss' more expensive offerings due to the open design. Damn fine headphones for the price with remarkable range, but they leaked sound like a sieve.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-24-2009, 09:16 PM
If you want some quality earphones I suggest looking at Ultimate Ears. Logitech bought them recently, but I've always been happy with Logitech so I imagine quality hasn't suffered.
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to fluffyguitarist
dude. Skullcandy Smokin Buds are the best. they are the best bass in headphones. Honestly, they sound better than the $100 Shure headphones, and $85 less. Also, Creative Labs make the best PC-soundcards on the market so Creative Labs and Skullcandy have the best earbuds and sound quality on the market. The only thing though is that the Skullcandy buds break about every 6 to 12 months however they're only $15 at target so it's not that bad