★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A stunning 3-D infinite runner where you're RunBot, an advanced robotic weapon system. You've rejected your protocol as a killing machine and now you've made a brave dash for freedom you wont let laser towers, drone attacks, or obstacles slow you down!

As RunBot, you'll have to run, race, flip and fly around a never-ending and always changing series of obstacles. Whether it's evading energy panels to leaping land mines, escaping to freedom is never easy.

"Stunning in 3D as every background element is wonderfully detailed." - Touch Arcade

"Addictive and always changing, RunBot is great for quick bursts of fun..." - MacLife

"If youre a fan of infinite runners...then you will want to check out RunBot." - AppAdvice

= FEATURES =

FREE TO PLAY

Awesome freerunning moves use Parkour-style jumps to dodge around obstacles, mines, and plasma turrets.

Stunning graphics race RunBot through a futuristic city in time to a pumping fast-paced soundtrack.

Tilt n Touch game play swipe the screen to guide RunBot while he runs, then tilt your device to move in flying Jetpack mode!

Upgrade your Tech collect battery cells and power cores to upgrade RunBots arsenal and armor!

Competitive play - run past your buddies' high scores in the game and become the top runner!

If you have any ideas for game improvements, or feedback about problems, it'd be great to hear from you! You can reach us at support at helpdesk@generagames.com

PLEASE READ: RunBot is a game that's completely free to play. However, you will have the option to buy some in-game items for real money. If you'd prefer to not use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your mobile device's settings.

Bronxsta's comments:
Saw this game on IGN, looks promising

Out in NZ right now:

Here's the info from the game site:
Quote:
RUNBOT HAS ESCAPED!
The year: 2371

Developed by a greedy corporation as an unstoppable killing machine, RunBot quickly evolved and became self-aware, rebelling against their heartless plans. Now, RunBot has made a mad dash for freedom – he won’t let tall buildings, drone attacks, or laser towers stop him.

RunBot needs you to escape in this stunning FREE TO PLAY endless running game!

FUTURISTIC ENDLESS RUNNING GAME!
✔ FREE TO PLAY
✔ Awesome freerunning moves – fly, flip, dive, and dodge around obstacles, mines, and laser towers.
✔ Stunning graphics – race RunBot through a futuristic city in time to a thumping fast-paced soundtrack.
✔ Tilt ‘n Touch game play – swipe the screen to guide RunBot while he runs, then tilt your device to move in flying Jetpack mode!
✔ Upgrade your Tech – collect battery cells and power cores to upgrade RunBot’s arsenal and armor!
08-08-2013, 10:23 AM
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/runbot/id612857902?mt=8

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Echoseven; 08-08-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Appinfo in first post. (conflicts if there's more than one on a page)

08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Not yet available in U.S. AppStore.
08-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Really excited now.

EDIT: arg not on the PH appstore yet. The screenshots look fantastic. The main character looks like something in between the robot from I, Robot, and Verticus

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 08-08-2013 at 10:29 AM.
08-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Nice find.. Can't wait to play it

Game Center: sink_or_swim
08-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Really excited now.

EDIT: arg not on the PH appstore yet. The screenshots look fantastic. The main character looks like something in between the robot from I, Robot, and Verticus
Embedded the trailer

And according to the dev in the IGN comments, there's no paywall. We'll see.

But that games looks like it'll be next to Vector in my folders. Love games with great parkour animations
08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
^Video doesnt exist?
EDIT: Found this...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 08-08-2013 at 10:46 AM.
08-08-2013, 10:51 AM
It's basically Mirror's Edge as a three-lane runner with tilt-based Verticus-esque flying sections. There are Casual and Hardcore modes, and the usual upgrades and IAP options.

The core mechanic is similar to Sine Mora in that you don't die immediately by crashing into things, but by having your energy run out (either by hitting things or by having it passively drain away). You need to keep picking up batteries to fill your energy bar, and the various upgrades available assist with battery capacity, shield recharge, damage reduction, etc.

It'll probably be fun for a while with the mix of obstacles, but the environment and hazards do get repetitive very quickly.

Can't hug every cat.
If this still doesnt show on the PH appstore in an hour, i will make a new NZ account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^Video doesnt exist?
EDIT: Found this...

YouTube: video
Weird. Thanks, I'll put this one in the OP