★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jojo's Fashion Show ($2.99 -> $0.99 sale)

07-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Jojo's Fashion Show ($2.99 -> $0.99 sale)

Jojo's Fashion Show 2 - $1 ON SALE, down from $5.

"Return to the runway with Jojo and Rosalind in Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces. Make stylish outfits for female and male models as you showcase your fashion sense on runways from L.A. to Berlin. Then capture great looks in new fashion photo shoots.

In Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces, your goal is to compete in a number of fashion shows, proving you have what it takes to move through the ranks. Earn up to 5 stars in every show.

Can you make it to the final show?

From the best selling dress up game on the PC, with over 15 Million downloads, Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces for iPhone is the complete product! Expect 6-8 hours of total game play without repeat.

* 50 levels of play!
* Both Male and Female models.
* Photo Mode - Snap pictures of your models and get scored on accuracy.
* Deep game play; Model chains, fashion chains, time bonuses, Signature outfits, accessories, power-ups and more!
* Learn interesting fashion "Do's" and "Don'ts".

With fantastic finger controls, Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces is a must have game."

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I bought this game when it first came out for $5 and I really like it - it's a really good deal for .99 - not sure how many guys would enjoy this type of game though

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

07-25-2009, 10:52 PM
I need to show this to my gal friend... looks neat but not for me tho.
08-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Sleeper hit

This is actually a really good game. The goal of the game is to put on successful runaway shows, all across the globe. The player is presented with a group of three fashion models that have to be suited up for a runway show. Prior to the show, you are provided with examples of three style types that are being featured at the show, such as Bollywood, Sockhop, and...uh...Military. You are then presented with a selection of clothes at the bottom of the screen that you have to identify as a certain style and then drag-n-drop onto the corresponding model. Powerups can be obtained to switch styles or wardrobe, when needed, and accessories that can compliment any outfit are opened up, as well. When a model is fully clothed, her icon will light up, indicating that you can send her to the runway. If you are fast and efficient, you can send multiple models out simultaneously to score a chain combo multiplier. When they get to the runway, they are scored for each clothing type (torso, legs, and feet), based on how well it fits the style category that she is sporting. If you exactly match one of the predefined "signature" outfits, shown on the left, you also score big.

Semi-frequent, bonus photo shoots offer a different type of gameplay, in which a large number of fully dressed models are standing around, waiting to have their photo taken. You are scored based on choosing the correct model style (and sequential hits provide additional score) and framing the photograph properly. Each of the five unlock-able cities, such as Los Angeles and Berlin, contains 15 diverse levels, each of which contain a number of different styles. Dragging clothes onto models is not always as responsive as I would like, but overall, the game is really polished. This really is a textbook example of good casual game design; great presentation and player feedback, both visually and aurally, good decision-making, good pacing and progression, and intuitive gameplay. My 3-year-old loves it and can play it all by herself, which demonstrates how approachable it is.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-15-2009, 01:14 PM
IDK, i'm debating whether to get this or Doom: Resurrection.

Does this feature any killing of aliens or the un-dead?

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
08-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt Reynolds View Post
IDK, i'm debating whether to get this or Doom: Resurrection.

Does this feature any killing of aliens or the un-dead?
It does, in the later levels, and they really know how to accessorize.

08-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
It does, in the later levels, and they really know how to accessorize.
Nice.

Ok then, my mind's made up.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
08-15-2009, 10:00 PM
would my girlfriend like this, you say its easy enough for your 3 year old but is it a little complicated to keep her interest

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-15-2009, 11:28 PM
There is plenty of depth, for a casual game, if that's what you are asking. It's probably comparable to a typical Time Management game, in that regard.

When I mentioned the game on my mailer, one of the female recipients already had it and liked it and another was interested in getting it, if that helps.

08-15-2009, 11:36 PM
This is actually quite fun, for girls at least. You get to play dress up to your heart's content. Too complicated for kids though.