★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GameEra Inc.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.0 MB
  • Version: 3.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Glux is a challenging physics-based puzzle/skill game with 30 levels, a high score board and some nice visuals.

Tips:
Bigger groups will award you much more points than a number of smaller groups.
Groups will get too heavy to drag around as they grow larger, create smaller groups and join them.

- Create groups of the active colour to reach the target before counter runs out
- Drag like-coloured balls together to start a group

The Bat Outta Hell's comments:
Glux has been out for a while, and yet NOBODY has even said the word Glux

It's only 700kb, somehow.

07-25-2009, 06:33 PM
It looks nice. Your thoughts?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I like it. A lot.

It downloads in less than 5 seconds, which is amazing since it has semi-physics gameplay, a soothing soundtrack that loops pretty well, and beautiful graphics.

An openfeint update came out today, that's why I checked for a thread.

It's pretty simple yet challenging at some points, but you get 20 lives per level (may seem like a lot, but it's tough), and has a great concept.

At $1.99, i'd recommend it for people into unqiue physics puzzlers.

back
07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
That's because nobody cares and you're inconveniencing us forum users. jk Is it anything like Boomshine or ChainRxn?
07-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure, i haven't played either and their descriptions are pretty vague =P

Well, you've got a bunch of colored balls. You want them all to be connected, and the same color as the middle big one.

You do this by connecting the right colors together. Two single different colored balls won't connect, but two identical balls will, and can connect and change the color of smaller chains.

back
07-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
I like it. A lot.

It downloads in less than 5 seconds, which is amazing since it has semi-physics gameplay, a soothing soundtrack that loops pretty well, and beautiful graphics.

An openfeint update came out today, that's why I checked for a thread.

It's pretty simple yet challenging at some points, but you get 20 lives per level (may seem like a lot, but it's tough), and has a great concept.

At $1.99, i'd recommend it for people into unqiue physics puzzlers.
Sold. Thanks.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Tell me what you think =O

back
08-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Tell me what you think =O
First I want say thanks for posting about this game in the first place, because if you hadn't, I never would've found it on my own. This a great game that IMO, deserves more attention.

Glux has simple, great looking colorful graphics, with nice music/sounds. But more importantly, once you get the hang of it, the gameplay's awesome, and gets you hooked pretty quick.

On another note, the game was just updated to supposedly fix some problems with high scores, and also make the controls more responsive. I downloaded it after the update so I can't compare it to the previous version, but the controls could still use some tweaking. Most of the time they're fine, but at times (especially when you're dragging just one "orb", they don't respond well. In the end, they work fine more times than not, and it doesn't affect gameplay.

Also, i'm definitely having problems with my high scores. It saved my first couple low scores to Open Feint and the High Scores screen, but wouldn't save my third score which was over 40,000. After uninstalling/re-installing, the exact same thing happened. It appears that it'll save my scores in the 20,000's, but as soon as I get to 40,000 or above, my scores won't show up on Open Feint or the high scores screen.

It would be nice if the dev would post here, because aside from leaving a review (which I did), I don't know how else to get in touch with them.

If you're out there dev, the high scores still aren't working right. Get that fixed, and tighten up the controls a bit, and this will be a 5 star game.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.

Last edited by Squirt Reynolds; 08-02-2009 at 07:22 AM.
12-29-2009, 12:24 AM
free now.