★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cartoon Wars is out!

07-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Cartoon Wars is out!

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...323242790&mt=8

It looks really fun, seeing that I love using sprites to attack other sprites.

Quote:
Cartoon Wars is an arcade war game that combined “Defence Genre” and “RTS”.

Scenario:
- In the Cartoon World, there were two tribes: “black and white cartoon” tribe and “color
tribe. For thousands of years, “black and white cartoon” were the slaves of “color” tribe. Heroes of “black and white cartoon” tribe united to overcome the violent oppression and to free the tribe. So the war begins…
- You must become a hero of the “black and white cartoon” tribe to free your cartoons.

Goal:
You must create special and unique units and must conquer the enemy’s castle.

Control:
-Right button:Adjust angle of the bow and Shoot arrow
-Mid button: Produce units

Upgrade:
-You can upgrade units, castle, bow, productivity, and others with the money you earn in the war.

Special characteristics:
-Attack enemies with the bow installed on the castle.
-Over 30 different types of units.
-16 different upgrades for units, bows, and productivity related.
-Becomes Veteran unit when units are fully upgraded.
-Unlimited numbers of stages
-Online ranking system

Tip:
- To capture the enemies castle, it is effective to produce as many units as possible at once.
- It is very helpful to use arrow effectively.
- If you upgrade 'Mana Booster' located behind the castle, your maximum Mana will increases and mana production increases.

Last edited by DaveMc99; 07-25-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: description
07-25-2009, 07:58 PM
looks good
ipods out of battery, anybody tried it out yet?

07-25-2009, 08:00 PM
this game looks pretty good i will probably dl it a bit later

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but I'm gonna kick you repeatedly in the balls"
- Will Ferrell
07-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I LOVE the stick figures with weapons!
Impressions, anyone?
07-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Looks a bit rough...yet good at the same time.

Will wait for some impressions.
07-25-2009, 08:24 PM
has anyone picked this game up yet? was about to make a thread, but searched and found this one

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Got it!
Music is pretty eh because it just plays the same music and it keeps play forever. -___-

Anyways, gameplay's awesome. The arrow you use to shoot isn't that good because the adjusting is a pain in the butt and the shooting is pretty useless.
I LOVE spamming my men because I spammed 10 at one time and they just destroyed the WHOLE field! (:

Plus, once you kill the enemy's castle, you just move on to the next stage! I thought it was going to end at the castle being defeated, but I was surprised to be wrong!

Definetly worth the purchase. Music is VERY bad, the arrow tower is quite useless, but if you like seeing stick figures OWNING UP THE WHOLE FIELD it is VERY fun.

For those who ask if it is difficult, YES YES YES it is! The way I described it doesn't sound difficult, but my sticks were getting owned by the other people one at a time. Just get it and you can see what I'm talking about
07-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchennyken View Post
Got it!
Music is pretty eh because it just plays the same music and it keeps play forever. -___-

Anyways, gameplay's awesome. The arrow you use to shoot isn't that good because the adjusting is a pain in the butt and the shooting is pretty useless.
I LOVE spamming my men because I spammed 10 at one time and they just destroyed the WHOLE field! (:

Plus, once you kill the enemy's castle, you just move on to the next stage! I thought it was going to end at the castle being defeated, but I was surprised to be wrong!

Definetly worth the purchase. Music is VERY bad, the arrow tower is quite useless, but if you like seeing stick figures OWNING UP THE WHOLE FIELD it is VERY fun.

For those who ask if it is difficult, YES YES YES it is! The way I described it doesn't sound difficult, but my sticks were getting owned by the other people one at a time. Just get it and you can see what I'm talking about
Is it like Castle Conflict?
07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwii View Post
Is it like Castle Conflict?
I've never played Castle Conflict, but from the images on iTunes, I'd have to say yes.
07-26-2009, 02:55 PM
What the heck? Someone just posted the EXACT words of my review above into the iTunes review. Whoever you are, I'd like some credit.