★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Film Creatives present a FREE endless platformer that puts you in the shoes of one of the most resilient, hardworking roles in the film business - The Runner.

Collect film reels to increase your experience and unlock new shoots whilst keeping yourself topped up on coffee to ensure speed and endurance, but too much will have you making mistakes!

Have you got what it takes to be The Runner?!

Good luck,

Film Creatives
www.filmcreatives.co.uk

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

08-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey Exact-Pscience! Runner! Madgarden recommended this on Twitter, BTW.
08-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah... Played that yesterday. Graphic style reminds me of The Other Brothers, and the gameplay is closely similar to Canabalt.

Pretty polished, picking up coffee speeds you up, drop your coffee meter to zero and it's game over. It reaches some crazy speeds.

To unlock levels, you need to pickup the required number (each level has a different number) of reels in a single run.

Good graphics, good sounds, and good but basic high-score chasing runner mechanics.

On the bad side, it's a little too basic for today's standards. It's still pretty good though, but im not sure how many would really like something this simple.

That said, it wouldve been a blast with missions, and maybe some customization with how you look. Nothing that affects gameplay.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah... Played that yesterday. Graphic style reminds me of The Other Brothers, and the gameplay is closely similar to Canabalt.

Pretty polished, picking up coffee speeds you up, drop your coffee meter to zero and it's game over. It reaches some crazy speeds.

To unlock levels, you need to pickup the required number (each level has a different number) of reels in a single run.

Good graphics, good sounds, and good but basic high-score chasing runner mechanics.

On the bad side, it's a little too basic for today's standards. It's still pretty good though, but im not sure how many would really like something this simple.

That said, it wouldve been a blast with missions, and maybe some customization with how you look. Nothing that affects gameplay.
Well...simple w/no iaps is good for me.
08-13-2013, 10:10 PM
I love the look of it, and I think it's often nice having a simple game for the bus or something

Dev homepage: http://www.simiansquared.com
Currently developing: http://tobgame.com/
Twitter: @SimianSquared