Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:45 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to pixeljamgames
Default Glorkian Warrior, By Pixeljam & James Kochalka (shmup, platformer)

Hello forum folks, Miles here from Pixeljam. This is the first time I've posted in the TA Forums so I should probably intro myself and our studio as well. We've been making retro-styled games for Browser, Mac & PC since 2006, but we are finally making the plunge into iOS & Android. Our best known game is probably Dino Run (which we are slowly getting over to iOS), but this post is about something we've got coming up very soon - Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork.

The game is a hybrid of Galaga-esque shmup (aerial invaders doing procedurally generated flight paths & formations) and Mario-style platforming. The emphasis in this game in particular is blasting invaders and watching Glork interact with his Super Backpack and various citizens of the asteroid he lives on. We are working on a much larger Glorkian Game that's more about platforming and exploration, but that will be a long ways off.

We're really excited to be working with James Kochalka on this, who's probably best known for his "American Elf" comics, and most recently the SuperF*ckers series on Youtube. This is an all-ages game though.... aimed at kids and adults alike.

It's an "endless shooter" basically, but more of a satire on the genre. No IAP or gimmicks, just keeping it simple & fun. That's how we like to do things Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts, and we'll be uploading more screens, videos and info as we have it!

-Miles
http://www.pixeljam.com

Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Hey, this is James Kochalka. I'm the artist and writer and I came up with the basic game concept.

I'm also working on a series of Glorkian Warrior graphic novels for the publisher First Second.

I'm super excited that we're nearing release on this game. This is pretty much a life-long dream for me (I grew up on 80's arcade games and Atari) and I think we've made a pretty neat game.

Galaga mixed with Mario is pretty much a perfect description. But I think the alien wave patterns are much more intense than Galaga.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:19 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Hello.

I'm the Sound Wizard for Pixeljam, and I made the music for Glorkian Warrior. It's a light-hearted, fast-paced, adventure!

We're all really proud of the work we've done w James Kochalka to make this game.

Below is a link to Corporate Climber, a crazy Pixeljam game, with a fun chiptune soundtrack, that we did for Adult Swim:

http://games.adultswim.com/corporate-climber-adventure-online-game.html
Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

There's now a Glorkian Warrior website, with more info about the game:
http://www.glorkianwarrior.com/
Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Teaser Trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Description

Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork is a collaboration between acclaimed comic book artist James Kochalka and indie game studio Pixeljam. It's a unique hybrid of Galaga-style shoot 'em up, simple platforming action and Saturday morning cartoon. Help Glorkian Warrior defend his asteroid against an endless onslaught of alien invaders, and be prepared for somewhat unexpected results...

Screenshots

http://pixeljam.com/press/sheet.php?p=trialsOfGlork

Last edited by Mark DeNardo; 01-27-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Love the art style and the cool retro arcade music.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Awesome, you guys did Dino Run? It's shame that the Kickstarter didn't succeed, was anticipating the sequel.

First time seeing this game and it looks great. Will there be any more platforming elements, like multi-tiered levels or gaps to jump over?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Open call for beta testers!!!

If you are interested, please email pixeljamgames@gmail.com and say you are interested in beta testing for Glorkian Warrior.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark DeNardo View Post
Open call for beta testers!!!

If you are interested, please email pixeljamgames@gmail.com and say you are interested in beta testing for Glorkian Warrior.

Thanks.
You'll have fun!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Email sent

Closed Thread