★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Delta-V Racing by Spacehopper Studios $1.99 -> $0.99

08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Delta-V Racing by Spacehopper Studios $1.99 -> $0.99

Last edited by Royce; 08-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
08-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Anyone in the mood for a fun racing game should definitely pick this one up. This is a steal for one dollar.

08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Anyone in the mood for a fun racing game should definitely pick this one up. This is a steal for one dollar.
This. Sad to see it drop so soon though. Hope this increases the sales!
08-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
This. Sad to see it drop so soon though. Hope this increases the sales!
I just noticed the latest update came out a week ago and this still has zero ratings for the current version.
08-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Should i buy this for $1? whats the pros and cons of this game? can someone market it for me coz i am caught in crossroads over this game
thx
08-12-2013, 01:48 PM
^yes , it's really fun.

Sales like this really make me think I shouldn't get every game i want on Thursday
08-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I know these developers were struggling with pricing - freemium versus premium. Apparently the reception was such to burn them for attempting fair up front pricing forcing them into an early discount, when/if Delta -VI comes out I imagine it'll be freemium now. If you like your App Store IAP free then it might be best to purchase Delta-V after the sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpete View Post
Should i buy this for $1? whats the pros and cons of this game? can someone market it for me coz i am caught in crossroads over this game
thx
It will be worth the $1 just to resolve your existential crisis. It's a fun 2D racing game with varied mechanics (combat, speed, different obstacles, friend ghosts, etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Sales like this really make me think I shouldn't get every game i want on Thursday
I typically don't buy games on release, unless I just really want to support the developer... which I did in Delta-V's case; worth $1.99.

Last edited by undeadcow; 08-12-2013 at 01:57 PM.
08-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Had my eye on this one. Bought.
08-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpete View Post
thx
Simple answer, a resounding YES! I'm gladly paid standard price and think the devs deserve a lot more exposure. It's a racing game, but that category does the game a disservice as there's much more to it than. Delta-V oozes quality with clean visuals and outstanding music(imo). The gameplay is simple yet highly addictive as you're constantly repeating levels to shave tenths off your time.

Modes of play are race, elimination, sectors, time trial and hot lap. Self explanatory with the exception of sectors, where this mode has your ship constantly accelerating... As you advance, your score increases, but hit a wall 3 times and it's game over.

Powerups are in all modes except sectors, and come in the form of mines, boosts, shields and rockets... Yes, a core mechanic is the ability to blow up the opposition!

This is all tied together with gamecenter leaderboards and achievements, nicely integrated into the game, so you can see how far off your friends are etc right before you start a race. You also get to see ghosts of your closest rival during races.

Btw, the controls deserve a special mention... 1 thumb is needed to control your ship, with a second finger only needed to activate any powerups you pickup. It becomes rhymic by the nature of avoiding walls and going for speed ramps/powerups.

Excellent game for a ridiculous price, highly recommended!

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
08-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Saw something about freemium or premium in an earlier post, this game had a lot of IAP?

Also a nice amount of content (tracks, vehicles)? I saw there were a bunch of modes but f there aren't many tracks...