★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPunt v1.1 3D Tap-to-Shoot Game on the App Store

07-25-2009, 09:33 PM
iPunt v1.1 3D Tap-to-Shoot Game on the App Store

iPunt is a visually thrilling interactive experience that features challenging play and stunning 3-D graphics. You're in virtual boxes that must be cleared of targets. Tapping on your shooters (balls and blocks) kicks them at the targets (aircraft and spaceships). Hitting a target will either destroy it directly, or cause it to fall into a box wall where it will explode. Punted shooters ricochet around the your space until they run out of energy.

iPunt uses the Oolong game engine.

iPunt web page
On the iTunes App Store
iPunt video

Dean Stevens
Mobile App Developer
Twitter: http://twitter.com/deansx
07-25-2009, 09:34 PM

memory cards
07-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Cost is 99 cents. Even with the video, though, I can't really tell if this would be interesting or not. I suppose if no one else does soon I may TOFTT, but I think I'd rather hear what other people have to say.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
A small, enlarged clipart of a boot with the white antialiasing fringe still attached is not the sort of thing I'd use to sell a game, frankly. It says, "I couldn't be arsed to drag this into an art program to clean it up, or for that matter find better clipart, so bugger it, you're getting this." That, in turn, becomes the message you send out about the rest of your game regardless of anything else.

The video does tell a different story, but I'm having trouble discerning where the game comes in. I can see the objective, but there doesn't appear to be any score or anything. It's just a lot of tapping to blow things up or knock things over. At least, that's what I'm getting from the video.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-26-2009, 12:28 AM
The gameplay from the video looks kind of slow. This might be one of those games that gets boring within a few minutes and I already have had my fair share of those. Think I'll pass on this one.
07-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Yep, I should have cleaned up the boot. I spent plenty of time on the rest of the art. What you're seeing is that we aren't (and don't have) professional graphics artists. We're a small, independent, hopeful, app development company. We are having fun making inexpensive games that we hope will be fun for others, and we're learning a lot in the process.

The game is timed and the objective is to play through the game as quickly as possible. Play is simple, but rapid and takes good timing. There is some strategy involved, but I'll let you figure that out. We've tried to make the game fun and well-paced with just the right amount of challenge.

We're actually very interested in your feedback (including these reactions) as we're just getting started. Thanks for commenting!

paul (noob iPhone developer...)