Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-14-2013, 05:18 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo
Default World Zombination (by Proletariat Inc.) [Coming 2014]

World Zombination is a faction-based combat strategy game coming to tablets, mobile devices, and PC in 2014.

Quote:
"Check out the teaser for our latest game, World Zombination, a faction-based strategy game on a global scale! We’ll be releasing it on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux in 2014"

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

In World Zombination, players choose between The Infected and The Survivors and fight with (and against!) their friends to control cities around the world. With compelling and asymmetrical moment-to-moment gameplay, the choice of faction gives a totally different experience and is a new take on real-time strategy combat. The Infected players control a horde of hundreds of zombies while The Survivors control a band of heroes trying to hold off the onslaught.

Gameplay varies depending on which side the player is fighting for. If players support the zombies, their missions will consist of real-time strategy gameplay where they control hordes of zombies and decide which humans to mutate. They can mutate humans into different unit types, which perform different functions (e.g. Spitter or Runner from the teaser trailer)

The game features a constantly changing world map that allows guilds and players to team up and work together to control the world in real-time and on a massive scale.
Maps will be a mix of procedurally-generated content and hand-crafted levels. All missions are designed by the developers.

The Survivor Teaser Trailer will be released later in the fall 2013.

Quote:
"In the coming weeks, we’ll be posting updates, asking for feedback, showing off screenshots and video, doing interviews, and looking for testers to help us make the game awesome, so follow us here on Tumblr, on Facebook, and Twitter."
Source : Polygon & Cosmosgaming

Last edited by sicksilvo; 08-14-2013 at 05:22 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I work at Proletariat. I am happy to talk more with anyone interested in the game. If you are going to be at PAX Prime we will be showing a demo there and if you let me know we might be able to show some in-progress stuff.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Hi Seth and welcome to TouchArcade (:

If you want to change anything in thread just pm me and I'll send you my password or if you wanna make your own I will contact mods to delete this one.

Is game being made in Unity3d & how long are you guys been working on it?

Last edited by sicksilvo; 08-14-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

oh looks nice i would like it and im hopeful to play both PC and iOS ;p
Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I love to beta test this game! Any chances?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This post is totally fine.

We have been working on the game since the early spring. Let me give you a bit more detail on the game.

The game has three major pieces of gameplay. The first is the shared world, which allows all players to join up with their faction or guild to attack cities all over the world. Each city is in conflict for a certain amount of time and the winning faction will get a bonus as long as they control the city. This creates a constantly changing battleground that allows for dynamic strategy.

The second piece of gameplay is the army management, which is based on a mixture of RPG and CCG mechanics. Players can specialize their armies to fit their specific play style.

The final bit of gameplay is the moment-to-moment where each faction has a unique take on real-time strategy. The Zombie Faction gives the players a chance to control a zombie horde and mutate specialized units at the correct place and time. The Human Faction gives the player a chance to exploit the predictive nature of the Zombies and trick them into compromising situations.

If you want access to the beta you should sign up at www.worldzombination.com and if you are coming to PAX makes sure to stop by and see us.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default PAX videos & Brute

World Zombination demo

World Zombination Interview & Gameplay Footage - PAX Prime 2013

The evolution (or rather, mutation) of the Brute

When we started World Zombination, we knew we wanted a massive horde of zombies rampaging through the city streets, but the problem with a horde is that each zombie tends to die quickly. They needed something stronger to bolster their ranks! Enter: the Brute, a hulking mass of flesh, soaking up bullets, rampaging through walls and buildings, and generally being a … big pain.

Damon, our art director, did a bunch of quick sketches, exploring the Brute’s look. He started as a creepy-crawly, roly-poly bag of flesh and limbs, which while awesomely intimidating, was over the line for us in what we were trying to do with our zombies. We wanted them to not only have personality, but also be sympathetic.

The second set of sketches got us closer to what we were looking for. This version of the Brute was strong and fearsome, but with a shy and misunderstood kindness in his dim-witted eyes, an undead Lennie Small.

From the sketches came the final concept art, a big fellow who maintains an appreciation for the simple things in unlife, like butterflies and hot dogs.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 8.x

Damn your Game looks awesome guys keep up the good work!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Really awesome game, expecting this one
Old 09-25-2013, 11:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yesterday I put up the first prototype we ever built for this game: http://www.worldzombination.com/zombie_flock.swf

You can read the whole blog post here: http://blog.proletariat.com/post/621...on-prototype-1