★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ColePowered
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 35.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? YES, it's a plane!

Six O'Clock High is a chaotic new aerial dogfighting game. Take to the skies with super easy and intuitive controls, luscious unique graphics and a thirst for gunpowder!

It's all about becoming an aerial ninja by piloting your plane throughout waves of increasingly skilled enemies. The best fighter aces will be sent against you, do you have what it takes to win the day?

Earn upgrade points after each wave to spend on 14 different aircraft upgrades. From titanium armour and rockets to eye exams and a full English breakfast. Yes you read that correctly.

Now get to it pilot! We need you in the war effort!

Features:

-14 Awesome aircraft upgrades

-Global Online High Scores across multiple platforms

-Easy, intuitive touch controls- no buttons or on-screen sticks.

-Beautiful vivid graphics

-Electro swing soundtrack

-Full GameCenter integration with achievements & leaderboard.

You can view the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmDk34Om0A

Bronxsta's comments:
Game is out now:

It's $0.99, universal, and has no IAP.

Trailer:

http://media.indiedb.com/cache/image...20x2000/10.png
http://media.indiedb.com/cache/image...20x2000/16.png

Quote:
Six O'Clock High on the other hand is quite different. First off, it's ultra-simple. In the game you take control of a two seater biplane, the player is the pilot with the gunner being AI. The game is all about piloting, dodging enemy fire at high speed while manoeuvring into a good position for your gunner to get a shot on the fokkers.
Quote:
I'm designing this with touch screens in mind. One thing I definitely wanted to avoid was on-screen buttons...

What I came up with was a system that turns the plane around your touch relative to the aircraft's position. To turn upwards simply touch above the plane, or down below the plane. While this scheme takes a little getting used to, it soon feels quite natural to me. I hope others will find it easy and accessible too. Another thing to note is that there isn't a fire button- your forward guns will fire if there is an enemy infront of you, and your gunner will fire if there's an enemy within their field of view. I didn't want to have to make the player fiddle around with fire triggers, in this game it's all about the flying.
Quote:
The game itself is wave-based survival. At the end of each wave your aircraft will receive a repair and you'll get experience points to put into a tech tree to upgrade your aircraft. I've yet to flesh out the upgrade tree itself, but this should add a little strategy to what is otherwise a very fast-paced action game.
08-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Watched the trailer and Im liking the gameplay, but the soundtrack got irritating really fast.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Here's another GIF

And link to dev's site
08-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Woaw I was waiting for this kind of game really... I hope this will be available on Turkish store... No matter what instabuy for me.Is there a chance of multiplay in future?. I hope they will release this kind of plane games in future... (Mini squadron was also good but too old now)
I will write review as soon as it releases in Turkish store...
Thank you in advance for that cool looking game

Last edited by mertcanmirza; 08-14-2013 at 09:23 AM.
08-14-2013, 09:36 AM
It is not out in Australia yet.
08-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
It is not out in Australia yet.
It's not? That iTunes link is for the Australia store right? Sorry, if I was mistaken.

And I'm not the dev. Just a passionate gamer. But I have talked with the dev on Facebook and he'll be on the forums
08-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Is there a radar? It seems like a lot of guesswork trying to figure out where the enemy planes are, then by the time they appear on the screen you've got about 0.5 seconds to adjust and hit them before you fly past each other.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Reminds me of Mini Squadron...
08-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi there everyone,

I'm the dev

Planning to release this either at the end of this week or start of next week. I'll let you know. I'm trying to do a simultaneous release across all platforms, which is the reason for this small delay (for those interested it'll be on iOS, Android, Windows Phone & XBLIG).

MidianGTX: There are red markers towards the edges of the screen to tell you when an enemy aircraft is close- which is effectively a radar.

Creator of MegaCity & Planet Wars. Always working on some exciting game development projects! Check out the latest at : ColePowered

Follow me on twitter @colejefferies
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Hey guys, listen. I had thought that because there was an App Store link, the game was already out. But I was mistaken. There's a thread in Upcoming so I guess these posts can be moved there and this thread could be closed for now

Sorry for any confusion