★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Boxer

07-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Pocket Boxer

Pocket Boxer (name subject to change) is nearing completion and slated for a September release. In the interests of giving folk a chance to provide pre-release input I'll be posting weekly updates to this thread.

Drawing inspiration from Nintendo's Punchout series, Pocket Boxer is an arcade style brawler focusing on quick reaction, counter attacks, and tactics.
07-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh god this better not beanother touch ko anticipation only to be let down.

07-26-2009, 11:04 PM
If this title ends up being a let down in any way, I swear upon my grandmother's grave that I'll hang myself upside down in a public square and allow Bald Bull to use me as a punching bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ٩๏̯͡๏)۶ View Post
Oh god this better not beanother touch ko anticipation only to be let down.
07-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
If this title ends up being a let down in any way, I swear upon my grandmother's grave that I'll hang myself upside down in a public square and allow Bald Bull to use me as a punching bag.
Im sure he would rather chew on your face and genitals... as so many boxers do
07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
challenger

The brave challenger...

07-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Quote:
I concur.
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
I have Smack Boxing, Touch KO and Iron Fist Boxing. These are all decent titles in their own ways. Obviously your artwork is unique (can't wait to see it all together ), what else will make your game stand above the crowd? How close to completion is the game? Thanks,

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
07-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I have Smack Boxing, Touch KO and Iron Fist Boxing. These are all decent titles in their own ways. Obviously your artwork is unique (can't wait to see it all together ), what else will make your game stand above the crowd? How close to completion is the game? Thanks,
Richard
Pocket Boxer does not make any pretense of being realistic, nor is it designed for head-to-head play. The computer opponents are fierce and hulking, with tells that can be used to predict and react to their attacks. The opponents are fully differentiated and present unique challenges, and the game difficulty continues to ramp up as you defend your title.

The game is 100% playable now with a mix of placeholder and final art/audio assets, but there's still much to be done.

Last edited by Stroffolino; 07-29-2009 at 01:51 AM.
07-29-2009, 01:26 AM
No Multiplayer?!
07-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Pocket Boxer does not make any pretense of being realistic, not is it designed for head-to-head play. The computer opponents are fierce and hulking, with tells that can be used to predict and react to their attacks. The opponents are fully differentiated and present unique challenges, and the game difficulty continues to ramp up as you defend your title.

The game is 100% playable now with a mix of placeholder and final art/audio assets, but there's still much to be done.
I will patiently wait for it's release. Thanks alot.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon