★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games that surprised you!

07-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Games that surprised you!

Are there any games that you have bought from the AppStore
that surprised you?

Maybe for how surprisingly good they were...
...Or how disappointing they were
Or that they were not how they were described on their AppStore page.

Terminator surprised me by how expansive it was, with great graphics, and immersive gameplay (despite being a little short.)

Rolando 2 surprised me after not being a big fan of the original, and falling in love with its sequel.

What about everyone else?
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
We need more of these threads...

07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
iFart, its probably one of the best apps ever, 100% better than Real Racing. I've racked up more than 100 hours on it.
07-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Barl. I was surprised at how great Hero of Sparta and BIA were. Not as short as people said and action packed as well. I was also surprised with Motochaser, Monkey Ball, and Crazy Snowboard, because they were the first 3D games I've ever had on a handheld. Cube seemed surprisingly bad the first couple minutes, but then became surprisingly awesome. I was surprised with Assassin's Creed and I Love Katamari (I never thought I would like them until I played the lite versions. Now they are my top two). I was surprised with how good Dinosmash Online is. And Payback also took me by surprise (First GTA-ish game I've ever had. I played it on my cousin's device and automatically bought it).

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang99 View Post
We need more of these threads...
Thanks
07-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post
iFart, its probably one of the best apps ever, 100% better than Real Racing. I've racked up more than 100 hours on it.
Hahaha - Good for you
07-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Enviro-Bear 2010. The ultimate example of not judging a book by it's cover.
07-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLay View Post
Hi Barl. I was surprised at how great Hero of Sparta and BIA were. Not as short as people said and action packed as well. I was also surprised with Motochaser, Monkey Ball, and Crazy Snowboard, because they were the first 3D games I've ever had on a handheld. Cube seemed surprisingly bad the first couple minutes, but then became surprisingly awesome. I was surprised with Assassin's Creed and I Love Katamari (I never thought I would like them until I played the lite versions. Now they are my top two). I was surprised with how good Dinosmash Online is. And Payback also took me by surprise (First GTA-ish game I've ever had. I played it on my cousin's device and automatically bought it).
Hey.
Both Hero of Sparta and BIA are great games. They were some of the first I got for my iPhone. But I think the first game I got was Super Monkey Ball; Everyone criticised it for its over-sensitive accelerometer controls, but I loved it!

Assassin's Creed is a great game too. And like you, I only decided to purchase it after trying out the LITE version.
Payback is fab too, and is one of those rare games that I keep on finding myself going back to play on my iPhone, despite how much I've already played it.

Last edited by barl; 07-26-2009 at 04:07 PM.
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch_Blak View Post
Enviro-Bear 2010. The ultimate example of not judging a book by it's cover.
I think I'm gonna have to give Enviro-Bear 2010 a try sometime soon.
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
harbor master, i really didnt like flight control but harbor master was so much fun.
pocket god: being #1 on itunes i bought it, and it was awful boring and stupid. whats fun about dropping a little guy in water and letting him get eaten by sharks? -_-