★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Heavy Ninja
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.6 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ............................................
SALE - In celebration of the release of our Linebacker Game for ESPN, WordWeaver is 50% off for a limited time!

Better than Bookworm Deluxe!
- WeDoTech wedotech.net

WordWeaver is Scrabble on steroids! -App in Review

"Word Weaver is one of the most impressive word games of it's kind in the iTunes App Store today. It's great for a quick play and the campaign mode continues the word boggling fun." -appinreview.com

Word games on the iPhone have come a long way, and WordWeaver from Mini Monster Media, is pushing the envelope yet again with a brilliant iPhone word game. - appsafari

"WordWeaver has a superb design and with all its unique features, it will keep you entertained and keep you coming back." - appleiphoneschool.com

"What do you get when you cross Scrabble, Bookworm, and Aztec style? The answer would be WordWeaver!" - panappticon.com

"The amount of polish in the game is outstandingthe graphics and animations are very nicely done and the sound effects and music are amazing and really set the tone for the game" - panappticon.com

"As a unique mash-up of puzzle games Word Weaver gives the challenge of Quordy with a Aztec theme and an scoring system similar to Scrabble on steroids!" - appinreview.com

"Wordweaver Takes Word Games to the Next Level"
- AppCraver.com

"We highly recommend this game to any fan of this genre. "
- AppAddict.net

"It could be one of the most innovative word games Ive played"
- appcraver.com

"Previously our favorite game in this genre was 99 Games WordsWorth, but the more we play WordWeaver, the more we love it, the career mode is quite addictive, and WordWaeaver is quickly becoming our go-to word finding game. "
- appaddict.net

"It doesn't take long to see that Word Weaver easily stands out from the rest." - Dallas iPhone Games Examiner

"A traditional word puzzle and a bad-boy arcade game got drunk behind an Aztec Temple. Their love child: WordWeaver"

Uncover Aztec gold and ignite rings of fire on your quest to become a Master Weaver!

Experience the best of two game worlds classic word creation and arcade puzzle. Weave your way through the challenging levels of this unique and addictive game set in an ancient tribal land.

WordWeaver adds the fun of Bejeweled to the word finder games like Quordy or wurdle. But WordWeaver introduces something unique a woven lattice board. Manipulate it to reveal hidden letters, discover cool bonuses and earn extra points. At a loss for words? Weave your way out! WordWeaver brings a fresh face to fans of word games.

The current version of WordWeaver features:
- Multiple modes of game play
- 30 Level Career Quest
- Global and Friend Leaderboards
- Choice of board sizes
- Exciting bonuses
- Achievements
- Accelerometer Lattice Shake
- Online dictionary reference for the list of words you create
- Captivating original score and sound effects
- Addictive gameplay
- Brilliant graphics
- WordWeaver is OpenFeint enabled

Tip: Its great to get Fire Rings but beware of the Death Omen!

Please send all support emails, feedback, bug reports and suggestions to support@minimonstermedia.com.

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/wordweavergame
Visit us online: www.minimonstermedia.com

SilverScarab's comments:
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone here has tried out WordWeaver yet? I am looking for a word game that is not timed, and fun to play. It says in the description that there are " multiple modes of gameplay" but wanted to confirm that one of these was an untimed mode.

I have heard Bookworm is fun, but the app is just a bit too pricey for me.

Any feedback would be great =)

Quote:
Uncover Aztec gold and ignite rings of fire on your quest to become a Master Weaver!

Experience the best of two game worlds – classic word creation and arcade puzzle. Weave your way through the challenging levels of this unique and addictive game set in an ancient tribal land.

WordWeaver adds the fun of Bejeweled™ to the word finder games like Quordy or wurdle. But WordWeaver introduces something unique – a woven lattice board. Manipulate it to reveal hidden letters, discover cool bonuses and earn extra points. At a loss for words? Weave your way out! WordWeaver brings a fresh face to fans of word games.

The current version of WordWeaver features:
- Multiple modes of game play
- Choice of board sizes
- Exciting bonuses
- Leaderboards and stats
- Online dictionary reference for the list of words you create
- Captivating original score and sound effects
- Addictive gameplay
- Brilliant graphics

Tip: It’s great to get Fire Rings and Gold Coins but beware of the Death Omen!

COMING IN EARLY AUGUST:
Great features in the next update which is in testing right now: accelerometer enhanced, achievements, Open Feint enabled, global leaderboards, and new special tiles including Sacrificial Blades and Snake Gems.
07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Textropolis is probably one of the better untimed word games. Check it out. Very challenging. Basically have to come up with words spelled from City Names as you "travel" from city to city. You would not believe the number of words that you WON"T get without some serious thinking, or at some point help. But no timer, so you can look at it anytime...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

07-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I have heard that this game was fun, but I was worried about the re playability. Once you find the words for a city is there any real incentive to go back to it?

Edit: it's also a bit on the pricey side =(
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Well --- Probably - you could start all over again... There are a whole slew of cities - you can look up how many..

First city is Kingston - (95) 4 letter words...
4th city is Singapore - (351) 4 letter words... It is going to be a LONG time before you are worrying about replaying unless you find a FAQ and just type in words that are in a list....

Well, I waited a few weeks for it to drop - but at 1.99 most it is going to drop is a buck, and I figured - so I can pick up a couple of apps, that I ultimately don't really like much, or are meh about, or I can buy 1 that I know I am going to like...

Look at posts about it, everyone likes, I have not seen almost anyone regret getting it, and a number of the "big" names around here (I won't name drop, but you can look at the threads) claim to have this on the iPhone as one of the few that they never take off. I can see why - you can play it like Text twist for an hour - or you can go in for 5 - 10 minutes to fill in a couple of blanks... or more likely - you turn it off sometimes, and just think about words that you are missing....

It is really a no brainer - I hate spending more than 0.99 if I don't have to, but there are a couple of games that even if they drop -you won't really care, because you would have had fun playing in the meanwhile... Unless it drops tonight... ;-)

Last edited by pluto6; 07-26-2009 at 05:18 PM.
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverScarab View Post
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone here has tried out WordWeaver yet? I am looking for a word game that is not timed, and fun to play. It says in the description that there are " multiple modes of gameplay" but wanted to confirm that one of these was an untimed mode.

I have heard Bookworm is fun, but the app is just a bit too pricey for me.

Any feedback would be great =)
Try out WordsWorth. We offer both timed mode as well as a classic (not timed) mode. ANd it is currently available at just $0.99
07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robosoft View Post
Try out WordsWorth. We offer both timed mode as well as a classic (not timed) mode. ANd it is currently available at just $0.99
I'll try out the lite version, thanks.
07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Ah i forgot to add. Pluto6 is currently playing it. I can see his signature now reads WordsWorth

WordsWorth gameplay is pretty similar to Bookworm. Check out this page for more information on the game:
http://www.99games.in/wordsworth.html
07-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Well --- Probably - you could start all over again... There are a whole slew of cities - you can look up how many..

First city is Kingston - (95) 4 letter words...
4th city is Singapore - (351) 4 letter words... It is going to be a LONG time before you are worrying about replaying unless you find a FAQ and just type in words that are in a list....

Well, I waited a few weeks for it to drop - but at 1.99 most it is going to drop is a buck, and I figured - so I can pick up a couple of apps, that I ultimately don't really like much, or are meh about, or I can buy 1 that I know I am going to like...

Look at posts about it, everyone likes, I have not seen almost anyone regret getting it, and a number of the "big" names around here (I won't name drop, but you can look at the threads) claim to have this on the iPhone as one of the few that they never take off. I can see why - you can play it like Text twist for an hour - or you can go in for 5 - 10 minutes to fill in a couple of blanks... or more likely - you turn it off sometimes, and just think about words that you are missing....

It is really a no brainer - I hate spending more than 0.99 if I don't have to, but there are a couple of games that even if they drop -you won't really care, because you would have had fun playing in the meanwhile... Unless it drops tonight... ;-)
I have heard great things about the game, I will look up some gameplay videos and may actually end up buying it =) curse you!
07-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robosoft View Post
Ah i forgot to add. Pluto6 is currently playing it. I can see his signature now reads WordsWorth

WordsWorth gameplay is pretty similar to Bookworm. Check out this page for more information on the game:
http://www.99games.in/wordsworth.html
Yeah, I am playing it, although in the timed mode - and it is different (not in a bad way) then Textropolis - the only thing with dropping tiled words is that you always need a letter that is not adjacent.... Grrrrr.....

Wordsworth is great - Wordulous, also by 99 games is another good one...

I play different ones depending on my mood..

07-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverScarab View Post
I'll try out the lite version, thanks.
Lite version has limited set of features. Try it out and let us know. Full version of WordsWorth has endless number of levels, Global Score Board, Timed mode, Twitter integration to name a few.