★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [Official] CopterKid finally spins its way onto the AppStore!

07-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
[Official] CopterKid finally spins its way onto the AppStore

After months and months of hard work, we finally present to you CopterKid!

Purchase link: http://itunes.com/app/CopterKid

## LAUNCH SPECIAL - 50% OFF FOR FIRST 20 DAYS! Just $0.99! ##

CopterKid is a fun and utterly addictive game that allows you to pit your skills against other players from around the world. It’s perfect for playing on a train journey to work, back seat of a car, during recess at school, or even at a boring date!

It has superb 2D graphics, increasing levels of difficulty, stunning islands to explore and great cash prizes on offer for those that truly master the game.

The objective is simple. You must fly as far as possible whilst keeping our little CopterKids out of harm's way. However, it’s not as easy as it seems, you have menacing aliens, evil scientists and an entire squadron of the Soaring Skulls that will try to capture you and retrieve those magical propeller hats. Oh, and you might want to watch out for the bemused sea monster too!

As you progress from level to level, the game becomes more challenging. There are a few surprises after level 1, so be careful!

We think CopterKid is one of the best pick-up-and-play games you can buy, but why don't you see for yourself?

Key Features:
• Play as Calvin or Cassie
• Stunning landscapes with day & night time cycles
• Progressive difficulty
• Online leaderboard with cash prizes
• Integrated with Facebook
• Custom In-Game music

Cash Prizes:
We have cash prizes on offer for the best 3 players once 5000 scores have been submitted to our global online leaderboard!

1st place = $150, 2nd place = $100 and 3rd place = $50 (Prizes are in USD).

Follow us on on twitter: http://twitter.com/FIPLAB

For large screenshots go here.

Gameplay Video:

Professional Reviews:
  • “FIPLAB has succeeded in creating that magic 'one more try' type of addictive game play.” ~ AppGamer.net
  • “You might find you have to drag yourself away from this overlooked little gem.” ~ Razorianfly.com
  • “CopterKid is certainly a very fun addicting little pick up and play game for your iPhone.” ~ ThePortableGamer.com
  • “A fantastic game with an extremely high replay value.” ~ BuyMeAniPhone.com
  • “CopterKid is definitely addictive!” ~ PressHome.de
  • “I would give CopterKid a thumbs up for the great visuals and exciting gameplay.” ~ iPhoneFootprint.com
  • “CopterKid is an impressive title.” ~ NoDPad.com

Purchase link: http://itunes.com/app/CopterKid

FIPLAB - We make Fascinatingly Interesting Propositions
-> Follow us on Twitter!
-> Add us on Facebook!

Last edited by IMBA; 08-05-2009 at 03:26 AM.
07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Sweet! Any videos? Seems very polished but i really wanna see some gameplay

Game Center ID: Vragal
Twitter

07-26-2009, 05:10 PM
If you like the screenshots, you will love it in motion, it looks so much better!

No video yet. If anyone has a HD camera and wants to do a video for us we would greatly appreciate it. If you do decide to do a video, try capture footage of all the islands we have to explore, but if you want surprises, don't watch it all

-> Follow us on Twitter!
-> Add us on Facebook!
07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
All I know so far is that it's ridiculously hard, but in a good way.

I think a future update where you have easy, medium and hard settings in which the speed of copterkid is different for each would be a good idea. I can imagine some people getting frustrated with the difficulty level of this game because of the speed in which copterkid traverses the screen.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker

Last edited by PrivateJoker; 07-26-2009 at 05:20 PM.
07-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Ridiculously hard, huh? No wonder they're offering $$$ for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes, but that's the essence of the game! The more you play it, the more you learn the techniques of getting farther and farther - and once you master these techniques, you get a great sense of satisfaction and you progress to higher levels!

As for speeds, it's definitely an option for an update. But for the time being, since we're holding this leaderboard contest, we had to make it a one-speed setup. But more than speed, it's once again the technique that we will let you discover

A score of 300-500 in your first few attempts is respectable - after all, it'd be no fun to see the entire game in your first go now would it :P
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Yes, but that's the essence of the game! The more you play it, the more you learn the techniques of getting farther and farther - and once you master these techniques, you get a great sense of satisfaction and you progress to higher levels!

As for speeds, it's definitely an option for an update. But for the time being, since we're holding this leaderboard contest, we had to make it a one-speed setup. But more than speed, it's once again the technique that we will let you discover

A score of 300-500 in your first few attempts is respectable - after all, it'd be no fun to see the entire game in your first go now would it :P
That's totally understandable. I finally got a sheild and managed to score 884. But the top scores for Mike and Rishi(CK Team so you're obviously masters) are 14219 and 11962!

Anyway, CopterKid is old school awesomeness.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah absolutely beautiful graphics, excellent sound... but gameplay so hard I just turned it off in frustration after dying about 50 times in a row on Level One. The controls are hyper sensitive and the ascent and descent so rapid there's no time to react.

Maybe it's just me getting old though... but this is more an exercise in frustration for me than in gaming pleasure.

Jamie
07-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Why does the girl have the colorful ring around her? Is that like a powerup/shield?
07-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateJoker View Post
That's totally understandable. I finally got a sheild and managed to score 884. But the top scores for Mike and Rishi(CK Team so you're obviously masters) are 14219 and 11962!
Mike is amazing, but I'm determined to beat him! I have played a lot, but it just shows as your technique improves you get better and better and get to see the new stuff we introduce in the further levels

-> Follow us on Twitter!
-> Add us on Facebook!