★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Auria (pro-level audio mastering/recording app) 49.99->24.99 11:00 PM EST

08-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Auria (pro-level audio mastering/recording app) 49.99->24.99 11:00 PM EST

Auria LE will also be half price at the same time.
08-20-2013, 07:30 PM
I doubt this needs to be said, but Auria requires a lot of time, patience, and/or experience to use, and, IMO, the gui is horrendous. But it's the cream of the crop.

It should be noted that it is possible to spend hundreds of dollars on in-app purchses.

08-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I doubt this needs to be said, but Auria requires a lot of time, patience, and/or experience to use, and, IMO, the gui is horrendous. But it's the cream of the crop.

It should be noted that it is possible to spend hundreds of dollars on in-app purchses.
Yeah, there are alot of knobs Greyskull!
08-20-2013, 10:22 PM
...and I hate knobs in ios apps. That being said...

THIS IS A ONE DAY ONLY SALE!
08-20-2013, 11:22 PM
I use Cubasis, is this worth it or should I just stick with Cubasis?
08-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waderain View Post
I use Cubasis, is this worth it or should I just stick with Cubasis?
Auria offers high-end plugins from companies like FabFilter, PSPAudioware, FXpansion, and so on. The Fab plugs range from $20 to $40, PSPs plugs from $10 to $20, FXpansions current plugs are $15, Overloud and Positive Grid at $20, Wavemachine Labs $10 to $20. I think that covers the current available plugins from 3rd party companies. Then you have sample/loop packs, IRs for the convo unit and other things from various companies. So lots and lots of goodies available.

As with any regular DAW on a computer all that stuff is obviously optional, and isn't per se being sold by the Auria devs. All the different companies that are coming aboard Auria with their VST plugs etc have full control and decide their own prices (the Auria devs doesn't take a cut from any 3rd party IAP). So it's a really open system that way, as open as is possible on iOS right now anyway.

The included channels/sub channels and master -strips are from PSPAudioware (EQ, limiter, brickwall limiter, compressor, buspressor, gate/expander). Insert effects that comes with it are a PSPaudioware delay unit and a chorus unit. A "classic" reverb unit and a convolution reverb unit from Wavemachine Labs with a pack of IRs from MoreVox (you can load your own IRs into it).

So goes without saying with companies like that onboard that the available quality of the effects are light years ahead of anything else on iOS.

It got extensive MIDI sync protocols. But the MIDI sequencer (and everything that comes with that) is still under development ATM.

Still got the ugly grey interface. And a quite sluggish wave/track editing window on anything below iPad 4, but that on the other hand allows for far more detailed micro editing then any other available DAW on iOS. And it does automation for basically everything, also not seen in any other iOS DAW. Besides all the regular available editing tools you'd expect it got a great time stretch implementation, where you just drag out/in a region/track to time stretch (you can choose between a whole bunch of Dirac 3 Pro algorithms with various quality and results to match the material you're time stretching). The mixer and it's knobs and slider are silky smooth no matter the device, and got the works (yes also side chaining).

The LE version differs, check their website for a comparison chart.

I dunno...Ask yourself if you _really_ need all the high-end power available, both included and/or other plugs available from 3rd party companies. Personally, I didn't _really_ need it since I'm not exactly a "pro", but I bought it and a bunch of plugs anyway. Partially cos the plugs from 3rd party companies are a fraction of the price they charge for the same exact plug on the PC/Mac, which did give me a chance to actually afford and try it all out. I'm sure Cubasis would be more then enough for me though, but im just such a app slut! Hope that helps.

Edit: Look at all those knobs and goodies, yum yum...

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 08-21-2013 at 04:43 AM.
08-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Yeah...fellow app slut here. I just have to make sure I don't drink while Auria'ing...godnonly knows how much I would spend on iaps.
08-21-2013, 04:49 PM
I got this when it went on sale the first time.

I use all the Fabfilter plugins so I don't end up using the psp audioware mixing board interface much, aside from setting levels.

This one has so much promise that I really have high hopes for when it is able to take advantage of the audio capabilities coming in ios 7.
08-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQ808 View Post
I got this when it went on sale the first time.

I use all the Fabfilter plugins so I don't end up using the psp audioware mixing board interface much, aside from setting levels.

This one has so much promise that I really have high hopes for when it is able to take advantage of the audio capabilities coming in ios 7.
It won't matter unless a new iPad is released with more RAM. Most PC/Macs used for audio recording/mastering have, at this point in time, at least 4 gigs. Come on, Apple!
08-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks for posting the sale. I picked up Auria for
$24.99 the other day